WABC-TV Airs New Promo

Vlad

After the broadcast of Eyewitness News This Morning, I saw a new promo this morning from WABC, it was really nice, I was barely awake to really focus on it, but if I remember clearly it featured various residents of New York City with a choir or chorus repetitively singing "Eyewitness News, Eyewitness News..." It was actually very similar to the "We're 4 New York" campaign that WNBC has (with the citizens of NYC actually getting involved) except this promo did not feature any talent from WABC. The promo looks like it was done by Hothaus. In the end it shows a huge "NewsCopter 7" helicopter flying from what looked like central park or Midtown, it was definitely computer generated. After that a huge "Eyewitness News" Logo and a Circle 7 showed up. The Circle 7 was very glossy and more 3D like very amazing and nice looking. So keep an eye out for it today. The song used sounded almost as if it were a real song that was converted to their promo. Kinda like the "We Are The Champions" song used for Sam Champion's promo. It aired immediately after this mornings broadcast.

-Vlad

Burning to a tv near you its Eyewitness News; Hot and Sizzling Weekdays at 5, 6am, Noon, 5, 6, and 11pm only on Channel 7. No one delivers the news any hotter or faster in NYC.

So what's the whole idea of the "I Believe Eyewitness News"? It doesn't make sense. It's ok i guess, but WNBC's We're 4 New York is 10x better.

I don't think it's "I believe Eyewitness News," but rather "I Believe. . . (Eyewitness News.)" Imagine that as a slate or something and it might make more sense. More of an intangible meaning to it.

I actually like it-- maybe it doesn't have the recall of "We're 4 New York," but it's a nice image promo nonetheless.

Ok - so yes, this is one of the new series of promos you'll see...

There is a series of them, others feature talent, others feature different locations.

They were produced by HotHaus. Again, it's a new "HD" promo, just like "The Team to Watch" ones.

Yes thanks a lot ABC 7 Man for that link, I finally got to see it clearly, lol. But yeah this is definitely WABC's version of "We're 4 New York". Again it shows the spirit of New Yorkers rather than promoting the news, so great promo from ABC 7, I can't wait to see more of those. They haven't had these types of promos in a very long time.

• 2 months later...

They'll probably update it sooner or later or perhaps shoot a new one, by the start of the 2007-2008 television season.

And since the link wasn't working, i have linked through the YouTube Icon.

[yt=425,350]OmrxP66w-KU[/yt]

-Vlad

Archived