Late Night with Seth Meyers to feature local station mugs every night

Ntropolis

Upon suggestion from WNCN's marketing director, Robby Thomas, Seth's desk will feature a coffee mug from a different NBC affiliate on each show. The Raleigh affiliate will be the first when "Late Night" premieres Monday.

http://www.wncn.com/story/24782419/wncn-to-be-part-of-late-night-tradition-during-seth-meyers-premiere?utm_content=buffer82e7a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The station's Marketing Director Robby Thomas says that Jimmy Fallon's band The Roots starts off each show by "shouting out an area code". That is certainly not true.

We all know that Questlove shouts out the number of each episode, as proven by the ones shown the past few nights.

dude that's actually pretty cool! I'm going to take this literally though and assume that he will have a mug every NBC affiliate in the country at some point or another.

Imagine them all lined up in a china cabinet lol

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am sorry to bump up this thread BIG TIME.

But I've noticed that The Late Show with Stephen Colbert has started to steal this tradition. If you look very closely behind Stephen's desk, there's like a little section where you can see their mugs and on one of them, you can see an affiliate's mug on there?

I've noticed this some time ago, but just noticed it again tonight during a repeat of LSSC and it showed WOWK 13's mug for a very brief second.

That seems to be a little more limited...I do know his home market's CBS affiliate WLTX from Columbia, SC is always in that case (he's mainly from Charleston though; maybe it's aesthetics that WCSC's "Godzilla Live 5" isn't in there and WLTX is instead :p). Not sure about other affiliates though, as my eye is always drawn towards the "19" more than any other mug in that case.

I am sorry to bump up this thread BIG TIME.

But I've noticed that The Late Show with Stephen Colbert has started to steal this tradition. If you look very closely behind Stephen's desk, there's like a little section where you can see their mugs and on one of them, you can see an affiliate's mug on there?

I've noticed this some time ago, but just noticed it again tonight during a repeat of LSSC and it showed WOWK 13's mug for a very brief second.

yeah pretty soon all the O&Os probably because at one point when Regis took over the late late show as a temporary host before James Corden they used the CBS evening News Credits at the end with the affiliate name at the end. i think it was also used in the CBS Evening News itself. but i think there's still alot of CBS affiliates out there that still show their Station ID for bugs like ABC, NBC and FOX does.

Archived