Winter Storm Potential 3/2-3/4

NYNewsCoverage

I know it's really early in the game, but there's a potential for more than a foot of snow for some places Sunday night into Monday. If this storm packs its punch with snow and ice, this is a place where you can post all about coverage of this storm (I wonder if another icing event will occur in the south if the cold really wins out). If this storm fizzles and suppresses, than you can just disregard this thread.

Winter Storm #Titan, according to The Weather Channel. From the models it looks like an appropriate name for once. I mean, it looks like a freaking hurricane off the West Coast.

WPVI put up preliminary snow totals for the area this morning and pegged most of us at 6 to 12 inches. I think that's lowballing it. Definitely looks like we have the potential for a 12+ or more right now.

Glenn stayed away from putting up numbers on 10, though they'll have some coming in at 4,5,6. Waiting on Kate Bilo and the updated noon forecast on 6.

Here are the totals in the NYC area as of 9PM Friday EDT:

WABC:

wabc_022814_snowfall4pm.jpg

WNBC:

BhmDgjUIcAAWuZg.png

WNYW:

BhmEal_IcAEpbPD.jpg

WCBS:

lonnie-quinns-snow-forecast-2-28-141.png?w=461

WPIX has not put a snow forecast up yet, but as of 5PM, Mr. G says 6+. But for "HulkieD" if model trend continues, your area (philly) may see the brunt of this storm. I seem to agree with WNBC and WNYW the best. With WABC being too high and WCBS being too low. That's all I think right now, but it will probably change.

Damn, how has Chicago gotten 70-plus inches, expecting 4-6, and we're STILL the lucky ones?

I'll take it.

I don't know if i'd call this a lucky winter in Chicago. I mean, you guys have had the cold really bad...and lots of snow (at least I think). However, Chicago folks are probably more equipped for this type of weather. NYC has 57.1" of snow right now, and has had HIGHS not get out of the single digits. Lows in the negative digits. Factor in the winds and forget about it. I don't think we've ever suffered a winter this bad. And why have we not heard of the polar vortex until now if meteorologists say it's been around for years and is not new? I've never heard anyone say that term before until this year.

I don't know if i'd call this a lucky winter in Chicago. I mean, you guys have had the cold really bad...and lots of snow (at least I think). However, Chicago folks are probably more equipped for this type of weather. NYC has 57.1" of snow right now, and has had HIGHS not get out of the single digits. Lows in the negative digits. Factor in the winds and forget about it. I don't think we've ever suffered a winter this bad. And why have we not heard of the polar vortex until now if meteorologists say it's been around for years and is not new? I've never heard anyone say that term before until this year.

This winter storm is going to start in the midwest and then ending up in the north east. I could take an photo on how temps really look like in Kansas city.

Archived