Warren Buffett's BH Media acquires WPLG

CircleSeven

So nothing will change at WPLG for the short-term then?

It looks like they want to keep most stuff a status quo, at least..

The parties have attached a form of Transition Services Agreement (“TSA”) to this Application as an exhibit to the attached Exchange Agreement. The TSA will be executed by Licensee and GHC in connection with the consummation of the instant Transfer of Control. Pursuant to the TSA, GHC and/or its affiliates will provide certain limited services to the Licensee for a period of up to two years following the consummation of the Transfer of Control, although Licensee will be permitted to terminate the TSA with respect to any particular service at any time without penalty by providing the prior notice specified in the TSA. The services covered by the TSA are services that GHC currently provides on a centralized basis to WPLG and to other GHC broadcast stations. As a result, GHC will retain, and will not assign to Licensee, the employees and facilities used to provide these services. The services covered by the TSA include graphic and interface design services in connection with certain news programming, advertising, and WPLG’s website; certain traffic services for WPLG’s digital multicast programming; and certain advertisement management (but not sales), content, and customer support services in connection with WPLG’s website and mobile applications. In addition, Licensee will provide to GHC under the TSA certain billing and collection services in connection with accounts receivable and certain paying agent services with respect to accounts payable and other liabilities, in each case that are generated by WPLG prior to the consummation of the instant transaction. Licensee also will lease to GHC approximately 1,000 ft of office space, which currently houses GHC’s graphics hub staff.

So in other words, since they have their Graphics Hub is in Miami, BH is going to lease Graham some office space to keep their hub there, for now. But the question would be how long will Graham stay there. Unless Graham is thinking about buying it back, I strongly doubt they would want to keep the hub to a non-PNS station in the long term.

But what I found interesting is that BH could terminate the transition agreement at anytime, which would probably mean that they just want to terminate it just for the hell of it, or I would think that another transaction relating to WPLG could be in the horizon.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like they want to keep most stuff a status quo, at least..

So in other words, since they have their Graphics Hub is in Miami, BH is going to lease Graham some office space to keep their hub there, for now. But the question would be how long will Graham stay there. Unless Graham is thinking about buying it back, I strongly doubt they would want to keep the hub to a non-PNS station in the long term.

But what I found interesting is that BH could terminate the transition agreement at anytime, which would probably mean that they just want to terminate it just for the hell of it, or I would think that another transaction relating to WPLG could be in the horizon.

I didn't realize the PN graphics hub was based in Miami. That explains why they're so flashy.

Yep. The graphics hub is in their studio space off Hallandale Beach Blvd. I find it funny that all the Florida stations have transformed to the new style of opens (and admittedly, WJXT has implented it with a great open cut of their custom Edge), but the other three in the group has not implented it just yet.

Yep. The graphics hub is in their studio space off Hallandale Beach Blvd. I find it funny that all the Florida stations have transformed to the new style of opens (and admittedly, WJXT has implented it with a great open cut of their custom Edge), but the other three in the group has not implented it just yet.

I saw that WKMG's open changed and is now using the same music that WPLG uses. I wasn't that impressed with it. But then again, I'm never impressed with WKMG.

I saw that WKMG's open changed and is now using the same music that WPLG uses. I wasn't that impressed with it. But then again, I'm never impressed with WKMG.

If I can recall, Channel 6 used to have The One and Only Theme when Post-Newsweek purchased the station, and changed the the call letter from WCPX to WKMG.

And they used that theme from 1998-04.

http://southernmedia-nmsa.com/#1,1,WKMG

KSAT won't. They like to stick with their own thing. They have the older style open in the morning, at noon, 5 and 6pm. They have some really nice in-house opens at 4 and 10 that look nothing like what comes out of the hub. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they relocated the hub here. KSAT's stuff blows the hub's stuff out of the water.

Wish I could see the last stuff. I remember them being miles ahead for a long time than kprc and wdiv taking cues from them. My other question would be could PNG work out an agreement with wplg for gfx.

The other deal is that the standalone affiliate could work if and only if you are locally based ala WRAL. It will be interesting to see what wplg is going to become down off of hallandale beach blvd.

Wish I could see the last stuff. I remember them being miles ahead for a long time than kprc and wdiv taking cues from them. My other question would be could PNG work out an agreement with wplg for gfx.

The other deal is that the standalone affiliate could work if and only if you are locally based ala WRAL. It will be interesting to see what wplg is going to become down off of hallandale beach blvd.

I'll see if I can try to get a 4 and 10PM open for you up tomorrow (and maybe some 2014 SA News clips if I have enough time). :)

Supposedly' date=' the remainder of Post-Newsweek is not for sale: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/emily-barr-post-newsweek-stations-not-for-sale_b117094#more-117094

well that's strange with WPLG going to Buffett, you would think that Post-Newsweek would've already been put up for sale, so far that's not the case, so who knows when Post-Newsweek would be put up for sale, but that's for Speculation 9000.

• 2 months later...

They mad a mention of the finalization this morning. Stated that thwy will close within the next couple of weeks. Warren buffet tv station owner is now a realization

You can throw "a couple of weeks" out the window. Graham announced the completion of the WPLG deal yesterday (7/1).

Archived