WRGB New Set

MikeBucc

WRGB Updated their set this morning. By far the best in the Albany market. Of course, there are some issues:

• The background is a little distracting, but it does change colors --it was an ugly green color this morning (not because of St. Patrick's Day -I don't think). It was Blue for the 6/6:30 news.
  • You can see the weather set when they have the 4 anchor shot, looks sloppy.
  • They updated their graphics ---but they're still sort of blahhh.
  • Also, they're still using Impact [no Enforcer :(]

Here's a time lapse http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/features/raw-news/stories/time-lapse-cbs6-news-set-127.shtml?wap=0

I added a picture of the main set, with all anchors.

otscbs6.png.822e404171024a4802d8fc080d1a0ea5.png

1564689007_cbs61.jpeg.b1a4ceb0aaa9e83b50ddd3b89d6260ca.jpeg

1009515466_cbs62.jpeg.df28df1b70067df1fcd779ea889a5f0e.jpeg

1551947166_cbs63.jpeg.6e68f16e4056fc1d1251122fdfde65ca.jpeg

872756036_cbs64.jpeg.0121db303248360221b9fa94b5115bf1.jpeg

all4wrgb.JPG.f4581f4927f8934b5eca0a8865360bee.JPG

Here's the full picture of the new CBS News Set.

1965552_10152066179873477_1892172840_o.jpg

I like that although it seems to have the cameras fairly close to the desk, looks kind of a long and narrow set up. Is there lots of room to move the cameras back to create wider shots?

I like that although it seems to have the cameras fairly close to the desk, looks kind of a long and narrow set up. Is there lots of room to move the cameras back to create wider shots?

It could just be a panoramic picture.

WRGB Updated their set this morning. By far the best in the Albany market. Of course, there are some issues:

• The background is a little distracting, but it does change colors --it was an ugly green color this morning (not because of St. Patrick's Day -I don't think). It was Blue for the 6/6:30 news.
  • You can see the weather set when they have the 4 anchor shot, looks sloppy.
  • They updated their graphics ---but they're still sort of blahhh.
  • Also, they're still using Impact [no Enforcer :(]

Here's a time lapse http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/features/raw-news/stories/time-lapse-cbs6-news-set-127.shtml?wap=0

I added a picture of the main set, with all anchors.

Looks like the standard Devlin set the other Sinclair stations have been getting. I know folks complain that it's been overdone but I still like them.

And yeah I agree, those graphics are pretty underwhelming. Maybe they're temporary until the new Sinclair package rolls out?

Can we take a minute to talk about how terribly horrendous that website is?

I've beaten that dead horse a few times already but I agree, Sinclair needs to contract that out to Worldnow or someone who knows how to make a functional and aesthetically pleasing website.

The Sinclair website will never have a polished look, and not even the company website is enticing.

As for the set it a regular for Devlin/Sinclair because so many of their stations have that look. It virtual, it nice, but it not all that. Yes it nice for the Albany market and it beats the cramp set over at WTEN/Channel 10. I don't expect Sinclair to have a stellar look, because their the king of cookie cutter model.

The Sinclair website will never have a polished look, and not even the company website is enticing.

As for the set it a regular for Devlin/Sinclair because so many of their stations have that look. It virtual, it nice, but it not all that. Yes it nice for the Albany market and it beats the cramp set over at WTEN/Channel 10. I don't expect Sinclair to have a stellar look, because their the king of cookie cutter model.

The corporate website for Sinclair is funny because of how ridiculous outdated it looks. It looks like they're using the same template/layout they used back in the early 2000's.

http://sbgi.net/

And you're right about Sinclair being the "King of the Cookie Cutter Model" but I wish they made a better pick with their graphics and websites like they do with their sets (I don't think they will either).I agree that it is a cookie cutter set, but it actually looks nice by Sinclair standards.

The corporate website for Sinclair is funny because of how ridiculous outdated it looks. It looks like they're using the same template/layout they used back in the early 2000's.

And you're right about Sinclair being the "King of the Cookie Cutter Model" but I wish they made a better pick with their graphics and websites like they do with their sets (I don't think they will either).I agree that it is a cookie cutter set, but it actually looks nice by Sinclair standards.

@Mr.Traveler01 I so agree with you! It does look nice and for that market it probably the best among the other two stations. The company layout is so ridiculous and let not talk about the graphics. It screams cheap, but those Allbritton Stations would probably think they hit the jackpot once the ink and the dust is settled in. WJLA, WBMA, WSET, WCIV would be like a kid at the candy store while KTUL, KATV probably would take a few steps back on the company website, the graphics and the set. I hope that the deal is killed and Scripps, LinTV, Hearst could pick up those stations. One can only hope and dream!

With the new set, let the "Sinclair-ization" of WRGB begin!

Parts of their website aren't even working anymore.....like their station section (probably because their station count has roughly tripled in the past two years!)

They did overhaul their job listing section using Silkroad instead of their ancient in-house template.

Archived