Craig Ferguson Leaving "The Late Late Show"

broadcastfan9751

Saw that one coming. I think either Jon Stewart or Chelsea Handler could take the spot.

Jon Stewart taking a back seat to Colbert? I don't think so.

And while not shocking, it really is disappointing to hear CraigyFerg is leaving. Easily my favorite late night show.

Isn't Craig Kilburn available?

I think he'd be a decent fit, pairing especially well with Colbert. However, I think that would blow too many minds...

• Kilborn preceded Stewart.
  • Letterman hired Kilborn and Ferguson.
  • Stewart begat Colbert.
  • Ferguson suceeded Kilborn.
  • Letterman will give way to Colbert.

Kilborn following Craig would complete the circle of life and the world would explode.

Nononono. What you do is hire Kilborn.

Then you wait until he decides to leave.

THEN you hire a new host, who turns out to be a comedic genius, makes the show their own, and he ends up as a Jeopardy answer.

I'm casting my vote for Joel McHale.

Yes, he has a current commitment with "Community," but he's toiled away on "The Soup" (for many years, it was the ONLY show on E! worth watching) for close to a decade. It wouldn't be that dramatic a departure from CraigyFerg, and "Late Late" can remain at Television City.

Twitter has now exploded with a fan campaign for... you guessed it... Frank Stallone Norm MacDonald to become host of the Late Late Show. #latelatenormnorm.

My reaction to the best Weekend Update anchor taking over?

KrustyEndorsement300px.png

Archived