ABC 7 3pm slot after Katie ends

jtgh922

Are you people naive to think once an anchor get cleared at 12:27 you start to go downstairs and punch out? The same for a Fox morning news program, they're out at the studio at 10:15 and go on with their day at the local mall, the park, etc, etc?

No. Most anchors if they are not on camera are on standby so in case of a breaking news story, they can stop whatever they are doing and go back on set and cover the breaking news. Same for the late night crew. Depending on the contract, daypart and station, they could be hanging out for at least a couple hours after their last newscast of the day.

I know Rosanna Scotto broke in to programming once at around 11:30 AM or so to cover that subway derailment in Queens a few months ago that injured around 19 people, so I do know that at least some anchor has to be on standby until the last broadcast of the day.

Also, are you saying that the late night anchors after their 11pm broadcast hang out for a few hours in case they have to break in at like midnight or 1am? That makes no sense.

I think it all depends on the station and if they are asked to stick around. For example I was watching a video where WSVN anchor Belkys Nerey was talking to some local area students about be a journalist etc and one of them asked what her schedule is like and she said arrive to the studios by 3ish prepare for the 5 & 6 PM shows etc. Then she went to saying that she and her co-anchor have a dinner break and are allowed to leave the building have dinner, run errands etc before returning to work on stories for the 10 & 11 PM shows.

I know Rosanna Scotto broke in to programming once at around 11:30 AM or so to cover that subway derailment in Queens a few months ago that injured around 19 people, so I do know that at least some anchor has to be on standby until the last broadcast of the day.

Also, are you saying that the late night anchors after their 11pm broadcast hang out for a few hours in case they have to break in at like midnight or 1am? That makes no sense.

I don't know for sure for late night, I've never seen the news break in after 11:00 news. But if there is a breaking news situation that happened before 11:00; I'm gonna go with my market say the Sox wins the World Series or the Bruins wins the Cup and there is the post-game festivities, all 4 stations would go into midnight or even after. And there had been more serious events happening where the 11:00 news would extend later (I believe the aftermath of marathon bombing might be one example in the first couple of days.)

Hopefully someone who knows it for sure can confirm for me.

I think it all depends on the station and if they are asked to stick around. For example I was watching a video where WSVN anchor Belkys Nerey was talking to some local area students about be a journalist etc and one of them asked what her schedule is like and she said arrive to the studios by 3ish prepare for the 5 & 6 PM shows etc. Then she went to saying that she and her co-anchor have a dinner break and are allowed to leave the building have dinner, run errands etc before returning to work on stories for the 10 & 11 PM shows.

I'd assume they have their iPhones on them in case of breaking news to run back to the station ASAP, since in your example thats The News Station.

Archived