Entertainment Tonight and The Insider New Co-Hosts

Daybreak

I think Entertainment Tonight maybe getting a new set when I last watched on occasion during the week of Robins Williams death they broadcast from outside the Paramount lot and then a few days overlooking the El Capitan Theatre. Their old set debuted on 8 September 2008 and it was pretty impressive when it debuted with a few of the 103" Panasonic monitors that were on turntables allowing them to rotate while they were on top of another turntable allowing the stage to move one way while the monitors move the other way (does that make sense?). Of course In recent years I think the larger turntable broke and they could only move the plasma displays.

I think Entertainment Tonight maybe getting a new set when I last watched on occasion during the week of Robins Williams death they broadcast from outside the Paramount lot and then a few days overlooking the El Capitan Theatre. Their old set debuted on 8 September 2008 and it was pretty impressive when it debuted with a few of the 103" Panasonic monitors that were on turntables allowing them to rotate while they were on top of another turntable allowing the stage to move one way while the monitors move the other way (does that make sense?). Of course In recent years I think the larger turntable broke and they could only move the plasma displays.

I'm thinking the same thing. This picture (https://twitter.com/NancyODell/status/502215360762753025/photo/1) looks like their standing in front of a video wall which looked different than their set. Then i saw this pic ( https://twitter.com/BradBessey/status/502204909307953155/photo/1) which is definitely a tv set and you can tell the background of the second pic matches the 1st. I was also reading an article on ET's website (https://www.etonline.com/news/150130_everything_you_need_to_know_about_kevin_frazier_et_new_anchor/) and towards the end it says, "Catch them both in their new digs on September 9!" so either its talking about the set or the anchors. I think they are getting a new set from what I've seen.

​It also looks like their getting a new logo from the look of both pic.

UPDATE: Just watched tonights episode and they confirmed they have a new set and graphic package. The new logo is gold text with black background and the set is stunning. I'll try and see if they post of video. They say it will debut on Tuesday, August 26

I grew up watching ET since the years of Mary Hart, Bob Goen, Mark Steines, and John Tesh. But I'm not a fan of that show anymore; one reason I can't stand Nancy O'Dell (Not a fan of her).

O'Dell joined from Access Hollywood, which quite frankly is becoming the better show now (years ago on the newsgroups, I used to bash them A LOT). Here in Atlanta, WAGA recently moved AH from 7:00 pm to 11:30 pm (opposite Fallon, Letterman, and Kimmel), while ET has stayed at that very same 7:30 time slot on WSB since day one. I still watch on occasion, but other than that, it's Jeopardy on WXIA.

And a clarification: Kevin Frazier is returning to ET; he was their weekend co-host.

I'm thinking the same thing. This picture (https://twitter.com/NancyODell/status/502215360762753025/photo/1) looks like their standing in front of a video wall which looked different than their set. Then i saw this pic ( https://twitter.com/BradBessey/status/502204909307953155/photo/1) which is definitely a tv set and you can tell the background of the second pic matches the 1st. I was also reading an article on ET's website (https://www.etonline.com/news/150130_everything_you_need_to_know_about_kevin_frazier_et_new_anchor/) and towards the end it says' date=' "Catch them both in their new digs on September 9!" so either its talking about the set or the anchors. I think they are getting a new set from what I've seen.

​It also looks like their getting a new logo from the look of both pic.

UPDATE: Just watched tonights episode and they confirmed they have a new set and graphic package. The new logo is gold text with black background and the set is stunning. I'll try and see if they post of video. They say it will debut on Tuesday, August 26

They were in the new set today. Very different from the flashy / glossy look they had before. All I can say is that it's cream, with a lucite desk in the center.

O'Dell joined from Access Hollywood, which quite frankly is becoming the better show now (years ago on the newsgroups, I used to bash them A LOT). Here in Atlanta, WAGA recently moved AH from 7:00 pm to 11:30 pm (opposite Fallon, Letterman, and Kimmel), while ET has stayed at that very same 7:30 time slot on WSB since day one. I still watch on occasion, but other than that, it's Jeopardy! on WXIA.

And a clarification: Kevin Frazier is returning to ET; he was their weekend co-host.

Question about Access Hollywood and WXIA, why did they let the show move to WAGA in the first place?

• 2 months later...

Question about Access Hollywood and WXIA, why did they let the show move to WAGA in the first place?

Well, WAGA had it at first when the show was originally syndicated by 20th Century Fox; then when Warner Bros. took over the distribution rights, it had brief runs on WGCL and WXIA. Access went back to WAGA after NBC(Universal) assumed full control.

I don't know the show's broadcast history in Atlanta (though Inside Edition has been on all four network stations over the years!); I looked through old listings from AJC microfilms.

Archived