Looks like WGN is getting new graphics (and new cuts of Chicago's Very Own music?)

Spring Rubber

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the graphics. Nothing like the competitors in town...pretty much. I am not sold on the update at all, but like when WLS debuted their theme update, it took a few listens before I could pick up on the nuances of it.

I'll get some caps up after dinner sometime before the cock crows eventually.

The music you're hearing now is only the 5pm or evening theme which is honestly the weak point in the package. There will be different music at 9pm and of course mornings and midday.

Spring Rubber is right, the bug is missing. Probably first day hiccups. Hopefully it'll be there at 9.

Visually, that open is stunning.

The talent opens are absolutely incredible.

Still no bug, and no use of the new music outside of the openers. This is a very transitional newscast.

Agreed about the opens; the visuals are amazing.

EDIT: looks like all of the weather graphics haven't transitioned over yet. The forecast graphics at the end were all still in the old look with a new titlebar thrown over it.

The music you're hearing now is only the 5pm or evening theme which is honestly the weak point in the package. There will be different music at 9pm and of course mornings and midday.

Spring Rubber is right, the bug is missing. Probably first day hiccups. Hopefully it'll be there at 9.

The talent opens are absolutely incredible.

I can forgive the 4/5pm theme if there's actually 4 different opens. I think this theme just doesn't fit the Bob & Jackie tone, but it should do just fine for the newsroom show on weeknights.

The bug is horrendous. The drop shadow and font on the time/temp/website/twitter handle is just awful, and the building rotation does seem odd. I can't help but think that the whole thing might look better in a 16:9 format.

The bug is horrendous. The drop shadow and font on the time/temp/website/twitter handle is just awful, and the building rotation does seem odd. I can't help but think that the whole thing might look better in a 16:9 format.

There are issues with the bug. I *think* they messed around with it to get it to air for this newscast. Expect it to change in the coming days.

They need to pull the bug down for the talent opens. All of the names were covered up there. Yeah, I do feel like the bug takes up way too much space. It looks fine when there's a lower third up, but when no lower third is up, it looks like a huge waste of space.

Wow, beautiful rejoin with Jackie and Bob there.

Was that a new cut of music they used in the talent open?

The new music will only be heard on videos that have it embedded in them. Opens, talent opens, rejoins... The new music hasn't been loaded into the audio system yet for bumps, ect. Don't ask why. The old package will be phased out soon enough.

EDIT: Also of note, most of the franchise opens (Sports, Weather, ect.) play out of the audio system and the music isn't attached to the video so those might be the old cuts for a while unless that's changed recently.

I would assume that this is the last newscast with the old cuts. It should be all hands on deck for the morning show tomorrow

Yeah, I hope so. The cut in that promo with Dan Ponce sounded pretty good.

Also, the bug has disappeared in the third block of the show.

Archived