KTVA reporter curses, quits on-air

Weeters

She would have done more for her cause had she gone out like any reporter announcing a switch to PR or real estate and cited the grind of the newsroom really getting to her. A reporter quitting to start a dispensary would have made just as many national headlines without the punch of swearing and quitting on live TV.

She would have received attention either way, but this definitely got her more attention than quitting in a more conventional fashion. However, I think she hurt her cause in the long term.

From the TV clips and interview clips, you can see she carries herself and speaks very well (even by TV reporter standards). She could have been a great PR person for her new cause... but the way she left takes away from her credibility. If she'd leave her TV co-workers out to dry like that, why should her potential new business partners trust her?

If I were a strong proponent of legalizing marijuana, I may agree with what she said, but I wouldn't like the way she said it. It makes everyone who supports the cause look bad.

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised that she was able to change her address to a business. Here the zoning laws are very strict, but in a lot of areas a persons commercial business cannot be their residence.

Second the fact that the landlord is filing an eviction notice against the cannabis club and not the LGBT Fetish organization speaks volumes.

• 3 months later...

Archived