★ ★ ELECTION 2014 ★ ★

24994J

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Week and WNT just got new graphics and music so I doubt either will change anytime soon. And while the music isn't the same theme throughout all of ABC News, I think the current themes work well together.

In terms of election 2016, I do expect new graphics and maybe even music because it is a presidential election and they usually go all out.

I'm not saying This Week is theoretically due for an update, but they are nevertheless horrendous. WNT could probably get one before the end of the year

Here in Atlanta, the only network coverage was on ABC and CBS (which I DVR'ed); WXIA had their own coverage with NBC's on WATL

As far as the local angle? I only watched a tiny portion of WSB's online coverage, but felt WAGA's was way better.

And yes, I stayed up a little late to see how Alaska fared (polls closed at 8:00 pm their time, which was midnight here). KTUU was pretty sloppy with their returns, while I don't know how KTVA handled theirs.

So here are the fast ratings from 10pm last night.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cbs-is-most-watched-broadcast-network-for-midterms-coverage_b244854

CBS won but lets take a look at how many viewers each network lost from 9 to 10pm. ABC lost 393k, NBC lost 330k and CBS lost 6.333 Million viewers going into the 10pm hour. So yes, CBS did win, but I would say that is largely due to their incredible lead-in.

Full ratings for last night. Fox News Channel won big over all cable and broadcast networks.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/midterm-election-tv-ratings-fox-news-tops-broadcast-nets-beats-cablers-combined_b245007

FNC also brought a candy dispenser on set and had 3 panelists, dubbed the 'Campaign Cowboys,' wearing cowboy hats and bandannas.

FNC also brought a candy dispenser on set and had 3 panelists, dubbed the 'Campaign Cowboys,' wearing cowboy hats and bandannas.

Between fondling "magic walls" and the appearance of "Campaign Cowboys", I think we can officially declare Cable News election coverage "A Big Joke".

Let's just hope they don't combine the two.

Archived