Markina Brown leaves WGCL for acting

johnnya2k6

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2014/11/10/exclusive-cbs46s-markina-brown-departing-after-four-years/

This probably means Paul Ossman may finally be promoted to Chief Meteorologist.

Meanwhile, we all know David Chandley's new TV home in two months will be WAGA (I seriously can't see him at a fourth-place station like WGCL).

But hey, Markina has the looks of an actress like Dagmar Midcap (who's now in San Diego, which may be my next home next summer)...she may take that up full-time now!

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2014/11/10/exclusive-cbs46s-markina-brown-departing-after-four-years/

This probably means Paul Ossman may finally be promoted to Chief Meteorologist.

Meanwhile, we all know David Chandley's new TV home in two months will be WAGA (I seriously can't see him at a fourth-place station like WGCL).

But hey, Markina has the looks of an actress like Dagmar Midcap (who's now in San Diego, which may be my next home next summer)...she may take that up full-time now!

I hope Ossmann gets the top job on 46 doing weather. So it would be nice for the Atlanta viewers to have familar faces doing weather.

2-Glenn Burns

5-David Chandley

11-Chris Holcumb

46-Paul Ossmann

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NewsHound
http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2014/11/24/jim-kosek-replaces-markina-brown-as-cbs-46s-chief-meteorologist/

Everyone's favorite insane former Accuweather meteorologist Jim Kosek has been hired by WGCL to replace Markina Brown.

And any hope I had that WGCL was FINALLY heading in the right direction has gone right out the window. Seriously? The most annoying weather man in America? Yeah, that will definitely pull in the numbers over there. Meanwhile, you just gave Ossmann the biggest middle finger. Way to go CBS 46, I can only imagine a rebrand to CBS Atlanta is on the horizon.

If Kosek doesn't work out after some few months, then Ossmann may get the chief met job at 46 after all.

Meanwhile, all of Atlanta is still waiting for that official word from 1551 Briarcliff Road about David Chandley...

I'm sure the folks over at waga knows Chandley coming over for the main weather gig, but let all act surprise when they make it offical. :cheers:

• 2 months later...

KTLA kept running a set-up outside Staples Center online rather than their newscast. One of their reporters said she was too scared to get out fo the van to report. Too scared? Why are you a reporter in Los Angeles? Certainly it does not qualifiy her as a journalist.

Archived