Warner/Chappell PM acquires Gari assets

Ntropolis

A big whiff of this has been leaking back before thanksgiving, it was smelling in another social media post...it's been coming down the pipes for a while.

I think what's hard to believe is the stature. 615 and Non Stop Music made sense, it was like merger, since Warner already owned Non Stop. They bought inthegroove and other ones that were like startups.

However, buying something like Gari is like Capital Cities buying the network - ABC. Gari (and since its a private business I can't confirm) is like the Blue Chip of news/production music, WCPM became one on mostly acquisitions. I'd say Gari is bigger than WC's assets combined.

I really bet something happened financially negative for Gari to sellout, maybe there was a potential bankruptcy (ok that might be far fetched) or something else.

This is all speculative, I'd to know more details of why and how this sale came to be. There are missing puzzles to this picture, because it isn't making much sense, both from a product and a business POV.

Well, for now it seems like there isn't much to be concerned over. Many from the Gari team will allegedly make the move to WC, and packages will continue to be updated, composed, and produced.

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2015/01/23/qa-inside-warnerchappells-acquisition-of-gari/

I believe in the alleged move, I wonder if the backoffice people will be the ones not saved and will be let go.

I think what's hard to believe is the stature. 615 and Non Stop Music made sense, it was like merger, since Warner already owned Non Stop. They bought inthegroove and other ones that were like startups.

However, buying something like Gari is like Capital Cities buying the network - ABC. Gari (and since its a private business I can't confirm) is like the Blue Chip of news/production music, WCPM became one on mostly acquisitions. I'd say Gari is bigger than WC's assets combined.

I really bet something happened financially negative for Gari to sellout, maybe there was a potential bankruptcy (ok that might be far fetched) or something else.

This is all speculative, I'd to know more details of why and how this sale came to be. There are missing puzzles to this picture, because it isn't making much sense, both from a product and a business POV.

Really I can't see Gari being bigger that WC ever, I mean WC is hugh- bigger than Gari without 615 music. But I would guess Gari was loosing business and sold out while it had value. But yes it might have been to avoid a protential bankruptcy, or maybe just tired and wanted to retire, but when the leaks started about a Gair sell out it seems the sell came fast thou. Picture is missing a few pieces no doubt.

I believe in the alleged move, I wonder if the backoffice people will be the ones not saved and will be let go.

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2015/01/23/qa-inside-warnerchappells-acquisition-of-gari/

Apparentely, just Frank and Chris stays according to this post. I don't see WC keeping the backoffice people, why would they, they have a ton of staff already. but then again it's just my two cents worth...nah I don't know Jack.

Not to sound bitchy, but did this not do the job?...

Well, for now it seems like there isn't much to be concerned over. Many from the Gari team will allegedly make the move to WC, and packages will continue to be updated, composed, and produced.

(Okay, I know many of us aren't big fans of NewscastStudio's operation, but we're not allowing links from there anymore?)

I have a source who is involved in the process. I'm willing to give some exclusive information, but I just need to figure out who to tell here, if an administrator or moderator could private messages me, I would be more than willing to give a few little known facts.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a source who is involved in the process. I'm willing to give some exclusive information, but I just need to figure out who to tell here, if an administrator or moderator could private messages me, I would be more than willing to give a few little known facts.

Exclusive information? Do tell. This move needs a few little known facts. Enlighten.

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat related: the entry for The B Package cuts on News Music Now has a new name for the package: Revolution. Presumably because the original intent of the package has long since passed (for Hearst stations to use it when they couldn't use Image News), and Warner/Chappell may or may not have something to do with it.

Somewhat related: the entry for The B Package cuts on News Music Now has a new name for the package: Revolution. Presumably because the original intent of the package has long since passed (for Hearst stations to use it when they couldn't use Image News), and Warner/Chappell may or may not have something to do with it.

You're semi on the right track. Some new marketing decisions are being made.

Archived