Warner/Chappell PM acquires Gari assets

Ntropolis

That's a massive catalog absorption. It's also unusual from a PRO perspective because 615, Non-Stop and Palmer are all ASCAP while Gari is BMI.

Also, it was worth noting that shortly before Christmas a whiff of this went around the shoutbox — had I not heard this I would have been blindsided by this news:

"I've heard a rumor about Gari that, if true... well... you're gonna want to hold on to your hats. It's BIG." — Weeters, Dec. 24

Wow, I remember saying in the shoutbox that I thought Warner/Chappell would swallow them up. Still, this is crazy news! Weeters nailed it. GariDirect.com is one of their newest sites. It looks like the Gari people are moving more into full service media, without doing music.

Anyway, now it's Arnold against the giant and it's going to be fun to watch how this continues to shape the TV music industry.

I am kind of wondering if any of Gari's composers will stay on board, though the way the press release is written makes it sound like the Gari music companies are going to cease to exist as going concerns.

Wow, why does Gari have so many different names, or are they all the same? Frank Gari Productions, Gari Communications, Gari Media Group, Gari Direct. So Warner Chappell swallows up two and leaves 2?

I do know that Gari Communications is what Gari Media Group used to be referred to. That's just a simple web archive search away. GariComm.com used to be the website to go to for the news music... that then transferred to GariMediaGroup.com

Wow, why does Gari have so many different names, or are they all the same? Frank Gari Productions, Gari Communications, Gari Media Group, Gari Direct. So Warner Chappell swallows up two and leaves 2?

I do know that Gari Communications is what Gari Media Group used to be referred to. That's just a simple web archive search away. GariComm.com used to be the website to go to for the news music... that then transferred to GariMediaGroup.com

Oh goodness, I forgot the name changes to his company!

One hopes Warner pulls the plug to the constant rebrand on both the company and the themes!

One hopes Warner pulls the plug to the constant rebrand on both the company and the themes!

I'm thinking that Warner just bought the rights to the production music... kind of like the whole GrooveAddicts deal.

Yeah they kept rebranding in the past few years, interesting to see which rebrand Warner uses. Actually I am surprised Warner bought in.

I'm thinking that Warner just bought the rights to the production music... kind of like the whole GrooveAddicts deal.

I don't think the production music would have been big enough on it's on. I'm guessing Warner swallowed the whole enchilada.

I don't think the production music would have been big enough on it's on. I'm guessing Warner swallowed the whole enchilada.

I know Gari isn't a multi billion dollar company, but they must be worth millions, probably in the low teens. So many stations standardized with their products and I'd say even the historic value of his works would be valueable. I think WMG is private, so we won't even know how much the deal is.

That's a massive catalog absorption. It's also unusual from a PRO perspective because 615, Non-Stop and Palmer are all ASCAP while Gari is BMI.

Also, it was worth noting that shortly before Christmas a whiff of this went around the shoutbox — had I not heard this I would have been blindsided by this news:

A big whiff of this has been leaking back before thanksgiving, it was smelling in another social media post...it's been coming down the pipes for a while.

Archived