WJAR Sinclair-ization

William1111

So i was randomly looking at the WJAR Facebook page, and i noticed they recently "upgraded" their weather graphics to the Sinclair standardized look, that must mean the entire package is coming soon. Their website is still on the standard Pre-LIN era MG layout though.

Kinda sad actually, I always liked the WJAR/WNCN package (Artworks, i believe?)

You can view the Sinclair-ized weather map here

So i was randomly looking at the WJAR Facebook page, and i noticed they recently "upgraded" their weather graphics to the Sinclair standardized look, that must mean the entire package is coming soon. Their website is still on the standard Pre-LIN era MG layout though.

Not Artworks. In-house Media General graphics team.

I don think I would ever have said this but it looks like the Sinclair graphics would be a step up for WJAR.

I'm curious why is it that the weather maps seem to get through before the actual package. I read that they can be loaded remotely by the vendor like WSI or through the stations graphics hub. But I thought that WSI's systems allow multiple themes to be loaded where you can change the graphics for different shows. One example of this could be when WNBC's Janice Huff does weather for Nightly News where they essentially use a generic package. Or is this the type of thing where the capabilities for different themes are considered an add on that some stations would rather not pay for?

As a side note WJAR's website is soo much better than WBFFs. It seems like there are two different classes of home pages that Sinclair uses the one used by WSYX and the other WBFFs. In my book the former wins.

As a side note WJAR's website is soo much better than WBFFs. It seems like there are two different classes of home pages that Sinclair uses the one used by WSYX and the other WBFFs. In my book the former wins.

WJAR is still using their Media General-era website, probably not for long though. IMHO, the Sinclair web design is dated, and don't get me started on the ugly sidebars... (WGME has social media feeds on theirs). WSYX has a bunch of random shit on theirs, they made it longer than the credits at the end of the page, leaving a huge blank white space, Actually, WSYX's entire website is a clusterfuck.

WJAR is still using their Media General-era website' date=' probably not for long though. IMHO, the Sinclair web design is dated, and don't get me started on the ugly sidebars... (WGME has social media feeds on theirs). WSYX has a bunch of random shit on theirs, they made it longer than the credits at the end of the page, leaving a huge blank white space, Actually, WSYX's entire website is a clusterfuck.

I think WBFF is the worst. Just compare it all.

I think WBFF is the worst. Just compare it all.

WBFF is ugly as a whole xD

I don't like the sidebars on their morning program (for example,

video), it looks ugly and bloated. TWC does something similar, but it looks 1,000% better than WBFF.

Archived