WCCO GM coming to KYW

WCAUTVNBC10

This might be a good thing for KYW who's been in the ratings dumpster for awhile now trailing even WTXF at times. Perhaps they'll stop trying to be WCBS Jr. (and failing miserably at it) and get their own identity which if you ask me has been missing since the Mendte/Lane Era.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/cbs-moves-minneapolis-gm-to-philadelphia-station/145130

Everything I've ever seen from WCCO has been a looooot of human interest stories. I guess that sappy/fearful/inspirational stuff works there.

Sounds better than the cold stories I'm seeing in Buffalo. Police need your help to solve a burglary in West Seneca....

Edit: It's kind of like WFSB in the evening then? Because when I watch their livestream from 5:00 to 6:00, they're mostly showing community and life stories.

CBS 3 presently is too reminiscent of "The News Tonight" era. #Fail

That's a great way to put it. Their newscasts are too feature oriented. The only difference is their anchor assignments aren't as varied as the The News Tonight era's was. Chris and Jessica do all four evening newscasts which is silly imo.

That's a great way to put it. Their newscasts are too feature oriented. The only difference is their anchor assignments aren't as varied as the The News Tonight era's was. Chris and Jessica do all four evening newscasts which is silly imo.

I don't watch CBS 3 that often. Who subs in when either Chris or Jessica are off? What if both are off?

I don't watch CBS 3 that often. Who subs in when either Chris or Jessica are off? What if both are off?

Natasha Brown is the primary fill in. Ukee and Erika also fill in sometimes. It is not uncommon for Chris and Jessica to anchor solo (even at 5pm) when the other is off.

Great news for KYW! Maybe they will get a new studio. I don't live in Philly, but if I did, I would probably watch WCAU or maybe KYW.

I'm pretty sure their set is fine, and they have livestreams running when it's newscast time.

Natasha Brown is the primary fill in. Ukee and Erika also fill in sometimes. It is not uncommon for Chris and Jessica to anchor solo (even at 5pm) when the other is off.

Hopefully with the new GM, they can add Natasha in the evening lineup. They can use more than just Chris and Jessica for the 5, 6, 10, and 11.

Adding Natasha Brown and another male anchor to the evening line up is a solid plan. Maybe even copying the 3 anchor rotation at 5pm ala WPVI

I agree Pat Ciarrocchi is under utilized but would she want to add more working hours? She has a sweet gig now, plus Im sure retirement is in the near future given that she's been with CBS for over 20 yrs now.

Adding Natasha Brown and another male anchor to the evening line up is a solid plan. Maybe even copying the 3 anchor rotation at 5pm ala WPVI

I agree Pat Ciarrocchi is under utilized but would she want to add more working hours? She has a sweet gig now, plus Im sure retirement is in the near future given that she's been with CBS for over 20 yrs now.

I thought Ciarrocchi has been at KYW 3 for much longer. I know she's been there since the 80s so it must be like 30 years or more now that Pat has been there at KYW 3 and she's like the face of KYW 3 now... just like how Jim Gardner is the face of Action News on WPVI 6.

• 3 weeks later...

Given that the affiliation swap hasn't been finalized for quite 20 years yet, she hasn't been at CBS that long. She was at KYW while still a Westinghouse-owned NBC affiliate.

I thought Ciarrocchi has been at KYW 3 for much longer. I know she's been there since the 80s so it must be like 30 years or more now that Pat has been there at KYW 3 and she's like the face of KYW 3 now... just like how Jim Gardner is the face of Action News on WPVI 6.

I'd agree that she's been at KYW since at least the very early 90s, and probably the 80s. Back then, I was still shitting in diapers so I can't tell for sure. Further, I wouldn't quite call her "the face of KYW" in the same sense that James Goldman (who portrays the character of Jim Gardner) might be regarded as "the face of Action News." I would reserve such a title for someone like Ukee, who's been at the station forever and has seemed to play every role therein. Pat Ciarrocchi, though, seems to have the KYW public relations thing going for her, in the sense that she's all over Philly plugging Channel 3 in public venues.

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed today that CBS 3 Eyewitness News at Noon is back (in place of Talk Philly). Haven't seen the past few days, so I'm not sure if it's only because of the train derailment or if it's a change by the new GM. Either way, a thumbs up from me. Also I noticed that Erika was co-anchoring with Ukee and no mention of being in for Pat. Not sure if this is a change or if there was no mention because of the breaking news open.

Noticed today that CBS 3 Eyewitness News at Noon is back (in place of Talk Philly). Haven't seen the past few days, so I'm not sure if it's only because of the train derailment or if it's a change by the new GM. Either way, a thumbs up from me. Also I noticed that Erika was co-anchoring with Ukee and no mention of being in for Pat. Not sure if this is a change or if there was no mention because of the breaking news open.

If there's serious breaking news like this, protocol has always been to run a straight newscast from the regular news studio for the noon.

They're also going to be going on at 4 today, pre-empting or moving Dr. Phil in the process.

3 will dump TalkPhilly or breaking news/weather days like today. Nothing new.

If there's serious breaking news like this, protocol has always been to run a straight newscast from the regular news studio for the noon.

They're also going to be going on at 4 today, pre-empting or moving Dr. Phil in the process.

Yes, I've seen them go all news at noon on a breaking news day, but I believe it's always been under the "Talk Philly" banner.

Also, after my initial post, as I was watching, Pat was out on the field reporting a story (don't think it was about the derailment).

Jessica Dean did a breaking news break in at 12:43. Also interesting...

Archived