Fox Sports Graphics Update?

Mrtraveler01

Today's the start of the FIFA Women's World Cup in Canada and Fox is going all out for their new premiere event.

Here is the open:

In addition, there is a new graphics package throughout the group, gone is the blue and in is the black. The ticker is also new and includes teams logos now as well.

I'll try to work on getting screencaps to include but it looks like Fox is taking their newly acquired properties seriously with these new professional looking graphics.

What really bugs me about the new ticker is the fact that the text area for the ticker has more padding on the top than on the bottom. I can't get used to that positioning of the text.

Actually, come to think of it, the logo positioning is kind of the same issue.

My problem is now the lack of continuity between FOX properties. FS1 (and presumably FS2, we don't get that channel around here for another 3 weeks) is/are using a different ticker than the FS Networks and even big FOX. Yep, in between WWC matches on big FOX, they're using the old bland blue ticker.

As for the new ticker, I like it. Anything is better than that bland blue bar, but fix the text scrolling portion. the padding looks like a lot of wasted space. Either make it thinner (unlikely, because of the logos) or increase the size of the scrolling text.

My problem is now the lack of continuity between FOX properties. FS1 (and presumably FS2, we don't get that channel around here for another 3 weeks) is/are using a different ticker than the FS Networks and even big FOX. Yep, in between WWC matches on big FOX, they're using the old bland blue ticker.

As for the new ticker, I like it. Anything is better than that bland blue bar, but fix the text scrolling portion. the padding looks like a lot of wasted space. Either make it thinner (unlikely, because of the logos) or increase the size of the scrolling text.

FS2 has the updated bottomline. It's not really a new graphics package per se, but rather an evolution/tweak of the previous one. They kept the same overall design, but just changed some colors and added a few elements. Kind of what NBC sports did to their graphics this year. They took a pretty bland- yet very functional graphics package and enhanced it. Could it be better? Absolutely. However, any changes that moves away from the constant amount of blue is a good thing. I am not holding out hope, but maybe, just maybe they might decide to do something with the MLB graphics for the All-Star Game in July. Although, I don't remember if FOX has ever tweaked their sports graphics in the middle of a season, so we'll just have to find out.

FS2 has the updated bottomline. It's not really a new graphics package per se, but rather an evolution/tweak of the previous one. They kept the same overall design, but just changed some colors and added a few elements. Kind of what NBC sports did to their graphics this year. They took a pretty bland- yet very functional graphics package and enhanced it. Could it be better? Absolutely. However, any changes that moves away from the constant amount of blue is a good thing. I am not holding out hope, but maybe, just maybe they might decide to do something with the MLB graphics for the All-Star Game in July. Although, I don't remember if FOX has ever tweaked their sports graphics in the middle of a season, so we'll just have to find out.

MLB always seems to be the last to get new graphics so I won't hold my breath.

We'll probably find out once the NFL season starts up.

What really bugs me about the new ticker is the fact that the text area for the ticker has more padding on the top than on the bottom. I can't get used to that positioning of the text.

Actually, come to think of it, the logo positioning is kind of the same issue.

Not liking the new ticker or overall black/gray color scheme. They should have kept the navy or went with a lighter blue. The text/logo within the ticker seems to curve a bit (or is rounded) which I believe is throwing off the positioning (basically... the text/graphics are not flat). I could be wrong (eyesight is not great), but that's my theory.

Really like the FIFA theme. It has an Olympics feel to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Besides adding team logos, I noticed they've also incorporated league logos for league-specific news and scores, something not even ESPN's "BottomLine" has.

However, the wordmark logo Fox Sports 1 (and presumably, Fox Sports 2) is using doesn't look good to me. I know it supposed to resemble the Fox Sports graphics typeface (as seen in the division's universal logo), and they were probably going for something that would be better visible in bug form on the ticker, but it looks kinda clunky.

• 1 month later...

No changes to the scorebox for tonight's College Football game between Michigan and Utah State. I have noticed that FOX is moving away from the original FOX Sports 1 logo and using FS1 instead (going as far as displaying that logo in the bottom right hand corner). An example below:

capture_20150903_184939_zpsy2virkai.jpg

----------------------------------------------

It looks like the FSN's have gotten the updated ticker (at least FSN San Diego, has).

And just to add... These final score graphics for MLB. So far I have only seen them used on FSN Midwest. These are new this year, and they looks very nice...

capture_20150903_191139_zpsfbshwtge.jpg

capture_20150903_184744_zpsutz8t1vo.jpg

IMG_0761_zps1o1iimk0.png

IMG_0760_zpsrxgjdvbh.png

Archived