WSFL adding a newcast?

USNewsie

REVIEW of NewsFix SFL (sorry to double post, btw):

It's okay, but if you're really serious about local news in South Florida, then I suggest continuing to watch WSVN 7 at 10pm. NewsFix SFL does offer some local, but mostly national news. It offers a weather segment called WeatherFix with a 5-day forecast.

If you or any of your family members don't care about local news, then this is a program that's worth a try because its different and is voice-less during stories and videos, even including the weather. If you don't care, 5.5/10 and worth a try.

But again, if you do care about local news, like me, then its a 2/10. And because I do care, I won't be watching this program. I will always stick to 7 News at 10:00, as long as I live here. (I'll only watch this when FOX Sports is on WSVN 7 on a particular weeknight, ex. The World Series).

KIAH 39 and KDAF 33 have been airing NewsFix for a couple years. It still remains to be seen if Tribune has plans to expand it to other stations like WPHL 17, KRCW 32, WDCW 50

WPHL would be stupid to dump their WPVI newscast.

KIAH 39 and KDAF 33 have been airing NewsFix for a couple years. It still remains to be seen if Tribune has plans to expand it to other stations like WPHL 17, KRCW 32, WDCW 50

WPHL would be stupid to dump their WPVI newscast.

So is KGW News at 10:00 on Portland's CW 32.

I prefer newscasts with anchors.

Just saw the open to yesterday's NewsFix on KDAF, and i don't like it.

I could have agree more. KDAF, KIAH, and WSFL needs to bring back their original newscasts and needs to be a little more like

KTLA, WGN and/or WPIX. And on top of that, drop NewsFix period.

I could have agree more. KDAF, KIAH, and WSFL needs to bring back their original newscasts and needs to be a little more like

KTLA, WGN and/or WPIX. And on top of that, drop NewsFix period.

KDAF, KIAH, and WSFL tried having a traditional newscast like you describe, but it didn't work.

We probably dislike them because grew up with newscasts with anchors. It's what we're accustomed to seeing. But yes, the NewsFix concept doesn't seem to be executed well. The newscasts I've seen don't have much flow or make a lot of sense. We don't even have access to WSFL's server right now. I had no idea they were starting a NewsFix program.

KDAF, KIAH, and WSFL tried having a traditional newscast like you describe, but it didn't work.

WSFL's did work, but was terminated in 2008 because of the potential (and failed) sale of WTVJ 6 to WPLG 10. WSFL's 10pm news did last from 1997-2008 (under WDZL/WBZL/WSFL).

Its sad to see how KDAF 33 and KIAH 39 have become. Really sad. EyeOpener and NewsFix really ruined those stations.

WSFL's did work, but was terminated in 2008 because of the potential (and failed) sale of WTVJ 6 to WPLG 10. WSFL's 10pm news did last from 1997-2008 (under WDZL/WBZL/WSFL).

Its sad to see how KDAF 33 and KIAH 39 have become. Really sad. EyeOpener and NewsFix really ruined those stations.

How do EyeOpener and NewsFix suck?

Why newscasts with anchors?

Because they are better then a VO-newscast like on EuroNews.

Instead of NewsFix i want to see 9pm Newscast produced by KXAS (KDAF Dallas), KTRK (KIAH Houston) and a 10pm newscast produced by WPLG (WSFL Miami)

Instead of NewsFix i want to see 9pm Newscast produced by KXAS (KDAF Dallas), KTRK (KIAH Houston) and a 10pm newscast produced by WPLG (WSFL Miami)

You should suggest that to Tribune. And about WSFL, it should get back to having WTVJ producing newscasts for it. And how exactly are newscasts with anchors better than anchorless newscasts?

I gave Newfix a try last night and I can't say it's something I will be watching on the regular. Something similar to Euronews would have been fine but Newsfix felt like a TMZ production. I can't take it as a serious newscast.

I actually think Euronews is one (and maybe the only?) good example of a successful broadcast with no in-vision talent. It works pretty well considering their operating constraints of broadcasting in 13 languages simultaneously. It's far from being the channel for breaking news, but it's always dependable on getting a great 10-15 minute news summary every half hour and some really unusual features afterward. Though I should also add that even they realized that no people on the screen is a little jarring, as they recently (in the last 2-3 years) starting running on-air correspondent tags during reports and in-vision presenters for their C-block-type shows.

Archived