Chris/Kristine debut at #1 at 11pm

canitgetanyworse

Well to be completely honest, I think Chris and Kristine have been doing quite well lately, with the Noon and 5PM broadcasts, although I still regret that they removed Roz Abrams, the station was improving as of late. Its like whenever they get somewhere or improve, they immediately make a drastic change and that is precisely the problem that WCBS has always had. "Changing Too Frequently". None of the stations here in New York make changes as frequently as they do. Not everyone likes change, and quite frankly I think its gonna hurt them. It may not hurt them now, but it will in the future. Why can't they ever let things run for a year? They make so many changes, and it gets their viewers confused, which causes them to switch to other channels. Just because they do well at one point doesn't mean they'll continue to do well forever. Anyway Good Luck to them with that switch, they'll need it. Taking veteran and more experienced news anchors and replacing them with new kids on the block is a disaster waiting to happen.

-Vlad

I would put Chris Wragge with Mary Calvi at noon and 5 and have Dana Tyler with Cindy Hsu at 6 and 11.

They didn't like the two female thing... and that would never fly. The television market is not ready for two female anchors at 11. But WCBS is a very female-dominant strength set station.

Here's what I'd like to see:

I realize that this a VERY female heavy team (I mean, Stephen Clark is the only male weekday anchor)

ideal team:

Mornings:- almost exactly the same.

Kate Sullivan

Maurice DuBois

Elise Finch

Katie McGee

John Decepelo

Noon:

Cindy Hsu

Mary Calvi

Elise Finch

5pm:

Cindy Hsu

Dana Tyler

John Bolaris

6pm:

Mary Calvi

Jim Rosenfield or bring back Stephen Clark

John Bolaris

Ducis Rodgers

11pm:

Dana Tyler

Jim Rosenfield or Stephen Clark

John Bolaris

Ducis Rodgers

Weekend Morning:

Kirstin Cole

Magee Hickey

John Elliott

Weekend Evening:

Kristine Johnson

Chris Wragge

Lonnie Quinn

Sam Ryan

too bad I won't be named GM/ND of WCBS anytime soon.

We shall see what happens on Monday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2007/06/29/2007-06-29_ch_2s_quinn_not_so_mighty_at_weather.html?ref=rss

"Sources say the typical anchor deals spell out assignments either specifically - such as they'll do the 6 and 11 - or less specifically, such as they'll do a show after 5 p.m.

Such wording, if it exists in either Rosenfield's or Tyler's deal, could create an opening for them to bolt."

I hope they do leave, just to mess with WCBS' management.

Tyler won't.

I agree Dana Tyler aint going anywhere. She survived Angela Rae, and Roz Abrams and she will definelty survive Kristine Johnson. And if Jim was smart he would also wait. Management change constantly and even under the same management that Dana and Jim can return to the lead.

They claim that the ratings are up but why are they up, Are people truly watching Kristine and Chris because they are good or watching them to criticize them.

We shall see what happens on Monday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2007/06/29/2007-06-29_ch_2s_quinn_not_so_mighty_at_weather.html?ref=rss

"Sources say the typical anchor deals spell out assignments either specifically - such as they'll do the 6 and 11 - or less specifically, such as they'll do a show after 5 p.m.

Such wording, if it exists in either Rosenfield's or Tyler's deal, could create an opening for them to bolt."

Then how come CBS2 makes a lot of one air changes if the anchor deals spell out their assignment. How come Dana is shifted so many times and Roz was shifted to noon before she left for good. Please someone to explain that.

Wow, I am somewhat familiar with the NYC market but not alot. I have, however, been watching WCBS newscasts via their website and I do have to question why Wragge/Johnson were promoted to the 11 pm newscast while Rosenfield/Tyler got a demotion (call it what you will but that's what happened).

Is it b/c Wragge/Johnson are younger and they're aiming for the younger audience? I dont get it b/c neither one of them are all that. I could be wrong but I dont get it.

WCBS management is just a bunch of attention whores. If they made the change to Empty Head and Wragge, just for people to watch them to critize them, in order to bring up the ratings, I dont Know

Guest Junk Junk

WCBS management is just a bunch of attention whores. If they made the change to Nappy Headed Ho and Wragge, just for people to watch them to critize them, in order to bring up the ratings, I dont Know

If you were going for a laugh with that one, you failed miserably. That's just plain vile. She's worked very hard to get where she is today and obviously the suits at WCBS appreciate what she brings to the table. There is no need for all of these non-sensical attacks on the woman's character. She's not a 'ho': she's married and has a family. Y'all need to learn to let go...

WCBS management is just a bunch of attention whores. If they made the change to Nappy Headed Ho and Wragge, just for people to watch them to critize them, in order to bring up the ratings, I dont Know

If you were going for a laugh with that one, you failed miserably. That's just plain vile. She's worked very hard to get where she is today and obviously the suits at WCBS appreciate what she brings to the table. There is no need for all of these non-sensical attacks on the woman's character. She's not a 'ho': she's married and has a family. Y'all need to learn to let go...

You should not attack character, but she did not work hard to get to where she is. Her first 4 months at the station she was pregnant, she leaves for two, then comes back for two only to be promoted. Thats not hard work. She should have stayed at Early Today where no one watched her.

You should not attack character, but she did not work hard to get to where she is. Her first 4 months at the station she was pregnant, she leaves for two, then comes back for two only to be promoted. Thats not hard work. She should have stayed at Early Today where no one watched her.

Neither both of them.

I find it interesting that they had Chris in Times Square with a microphone interviewing people. On Monday, he walked around Ground Zero with an ironworker asking the same exact questions to the same exact ironworker that Magee Hickey had asked on the noon show.

This isn't the kind of anchor-in-the-field reporting that I'm thinking of when I talk about how good WCBS did last summer...

Guest localcelebrity2u

I swear... You guys are haters... just let the woman live! Damn I hope she doesn't visit this forum. We need to stop bringing each other down all the time. To be honest it gets annoying and wack after awhile... She isn't as bad as you guys are making it seem.

I guess it's hard for yall to experience change. Things don't remain the same all the time and especially in the business and especially at WCBS.

I swear... You guys are haters... just let the woman live! Damn I hope she doesn't visit this forum. We need to stop bringing each other down all the time. To be honest it gets annoying and wack after awhile... She isn't as bad as you guys are making it seem.

I guess it's hard for yall to experience change. Things don't remain the same all the time and especially in the business and especially at WCBS.

I agree with you to a degree, leave her alone as far as the nasty comments, BUT she can't read on the air. I have heard less flubs from a five year old learning to read. She does not belong on the air for no other reason than she does not have the talent to do the job, plin and simple.

THIS JUST IN:

In a further attempt to benefit from Chris Wragge's good looks and body and to avoid the ire of The Infamous SuitSnob at TVNewstalk.net, the management has decided to replace the anchor desk with a large jacuzzi from which Chris will deliver the news in wet bathing trunks. Here is a sneak preview of what to expect:

W020050720506851236042.jpeg

(Is it Sweeps yet?)

• 3 weeks later...

Let me put this out on the plate before I begin. My first preference is Sue & Chuck when it comes to who I want to watch.

I have read everyone's observations and opinions about Chris & Kristine, and most of the time I laugh or agree. Lately I have been tuning into their broadcasts just so see how it is going. I do agree that the chemistry is wierd, but I feel like there is hope. It seems like in the past it was very forced, but lately they seem to be coming into their own...little by little. Lonnie Quinn is definatly the weak link at this point. His voice cracks a lot which is quite annoying and he still hasn't nailed the green screen yet. He just isnt ready for top billing in the number 1 market. Weekend mornings might be a good start for a few years. Chris will get better over time and he might be the next Matt Lauer. I think that if they actually left the Chris/Kristine team together for a few years they will become a team that people enjoy. It is possible. Hey, everyone makes mistakes reading the tele-promp, an example is Lynda Baquero. It is annoying but practice, practice, practice. I hope Ducis remains at the station for many years so as to become a highly regarded sportscaster. He is a true professional in my opinion. All the best to them!

Thats all for my rant- see ya later!!

Archived