• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard Global National is GLOBAL.

> callsign

> GLOBAL

> breaks the absolute basics of callsigns

Six letter callsign oh my.

I like to see and research on Canadian TeleVision from time to time online.

You actually should. Canadian television is a very weird landscape compared to the USA. I would ramble on for hours on Canadian TV however that'll be saved for another thread.

====

Jokes and GIFs aside, while it was awfully fun, let's try to stick to the topic before the thread gets locked shall we? >_>

Yeah, I'm gonna stop the puns now by saying that its good to see KAKE change their graphics away from their Gray standard as they are about to be sold to Lockwood.

Its sad to see the "KAKELand" Music Package go away after just 4 short years.

Yeah, I'm gonna stop the puns now by saying that its good to see KAKE change their graphics away from their Gray standard as they are about to be sold to Lockwood.

Its sad to see the "KAKELand" Music Package go away after just 4 short years.

Well, I`m sure Stephen Arnold Music had a KAKE to celebrate them using one of their packages

I don't think KAKEland was a very good package, honestly. It felt lacking in anything engaging or interesting.

If your talking about the 2001 Package they had that one was their best one. too bad it never got arranged by Gari or Stephen Arnold.

> callsign

> GLOBAL

> breaks the absolute basics of callsigns

Six letter callsign oh my.

Global's flagship is CIII/6 Toronto (long licensed to nearby Paris).

The only Canadian stations with five-letter calls are Radio-Canada O&Os (CBC O&O callsign with an additional F). Everyone else has four-letter calls, a few with three letter calls even (CKY-TV and the defunct CKX-TV come to mind).

I like to see and research on Canadian TeleVision from time to time online.

Funny thing is, CTV doesn't officially stand for anything. "Canadian Television" is a backronym, as it were.

Archived