WUSA Rebrands Morning News

evwalker0901

"Washington This Morning" would seem like a more logical morning show branding given they're a CBS affiliate and CBSTM follows them.

"Wake Up (City Name)" gives me Full House reminders of their terrible in-show morning show "Wake Up San Francisco".

I like the opening and the different colored chyron/time/temp/logo bug. But I think it needs to be done through out the rest of their lower thirds - perhaps a similar but darker color? The greyish color scheme just clashes too much for me.

Also don't some stations replace the background area where the main chyron goes with images for special events/teases? I seem to recall one with the Today Show logo and a graphic on KPNX when they covered the Super Bowl.

Edit: Here's one from KING showing an image in place of text:

I wonder if this will be a full revision of the Tegna package for morning shows. Testing out at WUSA as they did with the original graphics package.

I wasn't sure this would be the case, but you are correct. I don't think this is a mandate, but they'll be rolling them out to stations that want the morning show graphics over the next month or so. There are also changes coming to the evening shows, mainly just the lower thirds. Similar to what KUSA has been using the past month or two.

I wasn't sure this would be the case, but you are correct. I don't think this is a mandate, but they'll be rolling them out to stations that want the morning show graphics over the next month or so. There are also changes coming to the evening shows, mainly just the lower thirds. Similar to what KUSA has been using the past month or two.

Can you show us an image of what KUSA's been using for the past month as an example of the changes that might come?

Archived