NBC O&Os 4pm news

johnothy

I could be wrong, but I believe that WCAU beats WPVI at 4pm.

There's actually a WPVI newscast that's NOT ranked number one? I knew that the FABLife is a pitiful lead-in but...WOW! Well in either case, the other NBC O&Os better get to cancelling Meredith ASAP and adding 4pm news before Disney stems the bleeding from Tyra's show.

KABC has had a 4 PM news for over 35 years. Oprah was on at 3 pm.

Great, but the 3 east coasters (and possibly KFSN and KGO) had Oprah at 4. All of ABC's new 4 o'clock newscasts in 2011 replaced Oprah, the others existed before. The point is that those newscasts replaced Winfrey, and not Couric only last year.

Guest Former Member 207
Can't you believe their 4pm news has been on for that long? And their 5pm news has been on for even longer because I know they've had it as early as the late 70s.

Yeah, prior to that, like the other ABC O&Os of the time, they had an afternoon movie that led into the early evening news. As mentioned earlier, KNBC competed head-to-head with KABC for years at 4pm, and of course both had good lead-ins (KNBC had Phil Donahue, and later Rosie O'Donnell, as the lead-in to the 4pm news).

Yeah, prior to that, like the other ABC O&Os of the time, they had an afternoon movie that led into the early evening news. As mentioned earlier, KNBC competed head-to-head with KABC for years at 4pm, and of course both had good lead-ins (KNBC had Phil Donahue, and later Rosie O'Donnell, as the lead-in to the 4pm news).

Oh yeah... The 4:30 Movie (3:30 in Central Time Zone)

Al Pacino is The Godfather. The 4:30 Movie, tomorrow. This is WABC-TV New York.

Archived