A new set is coming for WHBQ FOX 13.

TheRolyPoly

So much better than I was expecting. When I first saw it I was convinced it wasn't WFTV's old set either. Amazing what an overhaul can do to make it look fresh and modern.

I agree that the only thing that looks off to me on-air is the lighting, which comes off in those screencaps above as well. It is very dark. It's looked a little better on Good Morning Memphis this morning but still they need to do some additional tweaking, which should be possible.

Now if only Raycom could get WMC a new set, the Memphis market would be looking pretty modern overall.

That set looks nice for them considering they have always been kind of a step child station. How are they in ratings over there. Still stuck in 3rd or are they making any gains since COX bought them out?

I believe they are still running in distant third, though I don't remember the specifics of the February book.

Now if only Raycom could get WMC a new set, the Memphis market would be looking pretty modern overall.

I believe WMC is due for a new one since the set is right around the ten-year mark and the station tends to cycle through news sets at least once per decade.

It's so dark. I couldn't imagine watching them at 5pm without thinking that it's a midnight newscast. Does the lighting change color for their morning news? If not then it'd be hard watching them at 7am or something with a look that feels 10pm.

It looks great. Congrats to WHBQ, Cox has been giving them some much needed TLC. My only complaint is that the FOX O&O logo is sticking around, I was hoping that they would get new graphics and logo.

It looks great. Congrats to WHBQ, Cox has been giving them some much needed TLC. My only complaint is that the FOX O&O logo is sticking around, I was hoping that they would get new graphics and logo.

What logo would you rather see on WHBQ? The KOKI path or the god awful WFXT path?

What logo would you rather see on WHBQ? The KOKI path or the god awful WFXT path?

I don't know. Something like KIRO I guess. I'm just tired of all these stations using the same generic FOX O&O logo.

Currently, it does not, although that could change in the future if they wanted to do so.

Hopefully so. A huge pet peeve of mine are stations that get these LED curtains installed everywhere yet refuse to change the colors or do something unique with them.

Hopefully so. A huge pet peeve of mine are stations that get these LED curtains installed everywhere yet refuse to change the colors or do something unique with them.

I used to think the same way about that however..

Changing the led's color all the time would create havoc with color temps, skin tones, makeup, wardrobe and graphics matching. Not to mention drive the consultants crazy.

I think it would be cool....but I don't think it's practical sans the political, holiday and other special event colors that are programmed into the set already.

It would be like looking at Christmas lights on your street 365 days a year.

A lot of the newer Ford cars have multi colored led interior lights....it's cool for the first date....or the first 100 miles.

Whichever comes first.

(see what I did there)

Archived