Hour long 11pm Newscasts

IceManNYR

I noticed all WABC, WCBS and WNBC are all doing hour long newscasts this Sunday and if the guide data is correct next Sunday. When did they all change to one hour?

I'd venture to guess some time ago if New York is like the other large markets that have gone after more ad revenue with more news...

I noticed all WABC, WCBS and WNBC are all doing hour long newscasts this Sunday and if the guide data is correct next Sunday. When did they all change to one hour?

Yeah WABC has been an hour for as long as I can remember. Then WNBC started the trend just on Sundays in 2012. Then WCBS was late to the game extending it on Sundays just last year. However, WNBC and WCBS still don't have hour long newscasts on Saturdays. WNBC probably can't because of SNL, but I don't know why WCBS still doesn't expand on Saturdays.

Yeah WABC has been an hour for as long as I can remember. Then WNBC started the trend just on Sundays in 2012. Then WCBS was late to the game extending it on Sundays just last year. However, WNBC and WCBS still don't have hour long newscasts on Saturdays. WNBC probably can't because of SNL, but I don't know why WCBS still doesn't expand on Saturdays.

Saturday is the lowest viewership of the week and there isn't much news...

Archived