The Roots have done yet... another MCTYW rendition

newsy9

• 2 weeks later...
Not former yet. Still another year and a half before that's the case. And they're across the street neighbors.

Maybe he was fooled by NBC10's "windows" on the news set showing downtown Philly instead of the Target store on City Line Ave. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Haha, this was great. Definitely funny to hear MCTYW on NBC. I didn't realize it was Danny DeVito, so when I first heard The Roots start playing it, I thought maybe Fallon was having Jim Gardner or someone from WPVI on as a guest. I don't know why he would, but it would have been fun to watch :)

Random anecdote, I once met Danny DeVito in Ocean City, NJ, on the beach at night. They were filming an episode of It's Always Sunny that took place down the shore. Charlie Day was there in the distance, but Danny DeVito was really engaged, saying hi to all of his fans and taking pictures with everyone. Super nice guy.

Archived