2 KTVI Updates

bgiesing

• 2 weeks later...
Here's the new open! (Sorry for the capture quality!)

[GALLERY=media, 758]FOX 2 News at 11pm Open by bgiesing posted Jan 18, 2016 at 11:39 PM[/GALLERY]

Looks like they took some elements from what WNYW and WFXT used to have back in 2004. but since their with tribune i was thinking they would go with the Tribune-FOX "Trust" Generic Graphics.

Looks like they took some elements from what WNYW and WFXT used to have back in 2004. but since their with tribune i was thinking they would go with the Tribune-FOX "Trust" Generic Graphics.

I'm thinking that these were made in-house. They seem to have a similar style to the graphics they had before.

I was hoping they'd get the Tribune-Fox "Trust" graphics too but they don't seem to be in too much of a hurry in rolling it out. I'm starting to think that they're just letting the stations decide which graphics to use.

I'm thinking that these were made in-house. They seem to have a similar style to the graphics they had before.

I was hoping they'd get the Tribune-Fox "Trust" graphics too but they don't seem to be in too much of a hurry in rolling it out. I'm starting to think that they're just letting the stations decide which graphics to use.

They are in house actually! By Gregory Schrick https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuk3GFfaYm1V9RXSWTe3Qdg

EDIT: Honestly, I don't like the Trust graphics. The effects look cheesy and over the top.

Well they have been using these graphics for a year now

That package only applied to the "legacy" Tribune-owned Fox affils, save for KCPQ. Tribune hasn't standardized the look of any of the Fox affils that were acquired through the LocalTV merger. Which means is fine, to an extent... that package is "meh."

That open/color scheme would actually work well with the set at WITI. They already have a blue/amber color scheme going.

That's actually pretty ironic as they use the same music KTVI's Sister Station (KPLR 11) uses.

That's actually pretty ironic as they use the same music KTVI's Sister Station (KPLR 11) uses.

Are you quite sure of that? I happened to catch an open from them on a live stream recently with This is the Place, after noticing they were listed as having dropped Extreme last year on the NMSA...

Are you quite sure of that? I happened to catch an open from them on a live stream recently with This is the Place, after noticing they were listed as having dropped Extreme last year on the NMSA...

Technically you are correct, I meant used it a year ago (you can't deny both are similar sounding though)

I actually submitted it to NMSA last year when they switched (and it still hasn't been added).

I also submitted the updated KTVI morning intro, the 5 and 6pm they never had on the site, and the new 11pm the day it launched. Not posted (and they posted 20+ new opens since)

As for the other topic (2.3 launching)

It has now played for a week but their website still doesn't mention it and all the TV Guide sites (Zap2It, TV Guide, etc.) don't even list the channel as existing.

I'm thinking they were designed by 5dotfive.

The Trust Graphics were but these were in-house by Gregory Schrick (originally KPLR's in-house guy and when they started the news share before the purchase; started making for both)

Archived