Sunrise Australia (New Set, New Graphics)

USNewsie

Channel 7 Australia's morning show is getting a refresh on Monday Feb 1st with new sets and graphics.

[MEDIA=twitter]693687005947908096[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]693646066323996672[/MEDIA]

You can watch the show live here: https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/17173411/sunrise-live-sydney/#page1

So the show's been extended to 5:30am? I guess this means that it will now fully compete against Today on the :::9 Nine Network on both the weekday and weekend editions + it moves Seven's Early News to 5:00am.

My 2c:

Graphics

At first, I thought this was an Australian version of Today's open, but then I had conflicting thoughts as I then saw a little of GMA's open too, especially when music played during the logo reveal and welcoming from the anchors, just like GMA does. (I guess I see a little more GMA than Today). And the L3's are just like GMA's and Today's (just replace blue & white [along with the swirly circle thing] with white & orange and the logo etched in).

And that font size; goddamn.

Despite the mixed feelings towards them, I think these graphics are actually very good. Just make the font (especially in the open) smaller, and they're up to really great.

Also, the (new) logo is very cool.

Set

Wow, that looks awesome. The abundance on color-changing LEDs and large screens is as awesome as the products themselves, the sofa area is amazing (the sofa itself is big as hell), the desk area is brilliant (the glass-etched logo is beautiful), and the marble floor (which was there previously) is marvelous.

I loved the previous set before, but this is immediately my favorite in my book.

Overall, this look is magnificent and definitely a worthy rival to Today Australia's set.

I might even like this one much better IMO.

Archived