Telemundo to Build New HQ

rkolsen

NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises today unveiled plans for a $250 million 450,000 sq ft in Miami Dade County. The new headquarters is going to replace their current facilities where they have been for the past 30 years in a shoe factory. The new headquarters will initially hold 1,100 workers but can handle 1,300. Telemundo, Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International, NBC Universo and their associated digital operations will be moving into the new facility.

http://www.tvtechnology.com/business/0011/telemundo-to-build-250-million-hq-in-miamidade/277890

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/after-30-years-in-an-old-shoe-warehouse-telemundo-is-getting-a-new-home/283850

As a side note I wonder if they'll ultimately consolidate their existing NBC News Bureau into the new facility.

Will it also be the new home for WTVJ/WSCV?

Nope. WTVJ/WSCV will remain in Miramar.

I've passed by through that "shoe factory" that Telemundo has been home for 30 years, many times when traveling around Hialeah.

I'm just curious as to what they'll do with that building now as there's local businesses all around that area, including the Hialeah-famous Nooooo Que Barato! (No, That's Cheap!)

Nope. WTVJ/WSCV will remain in Miramar.

I've passed by through that "shoe factory" that Telemundo has been home for 30 years, many times when traveling around Hialeah.

I'm just curious as to what they'll do with that building now as there's local businesses all around that area, including the Hialeah-famous Nooooo Que Barato! (No, That's Cheap!)

Wonder how many of those businesses are dependent on Telemundo being in the neighborhood?

It would make sense to move WTVJ/WSCV into this new building to keep everything under one roof. They could follow the same approach that Univision took with WLTV when they finally moved them into the newsplex.

Plus, there are trailer parks around the area and a train nearby that constantly goes through. Trust me, I know because I live near Hialeah.

It's a definite upgrade for them. Their current facilities look like a dump and it appears there's limited parking.

https://www.google.com/search?q=telemundo+headquarters&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS660US660&oq=telemundo+h&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l2j69i60.3260j0j7&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&hl=en-US#hl=en-US&q=telemundo+hialeah+headquarters&istate=lrl:iv&rlimm=8669542474740364242

Archived