New News 12 Graphics

Geoffrey

Just noticed that News 12 Long Island is using new graphics and new music.

The graphics are much simpler. The info bar is a solid blue and it's "broken," so the News 12 LI logo on the left and the time/temp on the right are separated from the main portion. When they do weather, sports scores, stocks, etc., the height of the box shrinks from fitting two lines of text to just one.

It's also interesting to note that the info bar (or at least the logo and the time/temp) is 16:9, though the lower-thirds seem to be inside the SD safe area. The lower-thirds and weather graphics remind me of KABC's look. The "live" bug has been moved to the upper left.

The opens seem to have been replaced by quick montages of the anchors in the studio ending with the logo and slogan on black. No announcer is used.

The music is different. I don't recognize it (but I haven't been as "up" on themes lately).

I'm not able to get screenshots yet... Maybe someone else could grab a few to share.

Overall, I'm not a huge fan... seems too simple for me but that's the way most graphics seems to me moving lately.

Watching News 12 Long Island right NOW through Nowhere TV on Roku... So far so good. Yes, the music is different now as well as the graphics and they do look like KABC's old/KGO's current graphics and both the logo and time/temp bugs are 16:9 now.

The other News 12 Networks still have the old graphics and music.

EDIT: News 12 Long Island's Traffic and Weather Channel has also been updated to reflect the main channel's new graphics.

It's not a great video but I managed to get a promo with the new theme and an open of the new graphics though the News 12 Interactive channel. The lower bar is missing due to being a replay. There's different cuts of the new theme because I recorded a 8:30 pm open today and the music was different and here's the link to that. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6mzjd4n3ckdkw6/DSCN0814.AVI?dl=0

I hate it. The info bars look too much like a Win 10 desktop. The intros and segues remind me of the Carey era at PIX 11. Wonder if this change has been made as Cablevision has been sold to Altice.

Oh, I forgot about that deal. I hope they integrate CSC/Optimum with Suddenlink more- offering HBO Now and Freewheel to Suddenlink customers, and establishing other News 12 outposts in Suddenlink areas.

What's more interesting is that they finally replaced the jingle for Weather on the 1s- even when they were using Counterpoint (or whatever the last package was named), they still used a cut based off In-Sink even after they got rid of that package circa 2006. I think they even updated it once!

What's more interesting is that they finally replaced the jingle for Weather on the 1s- even when they were using Counterpoint (or whatever the last package was named), they still used a cut based off In-Sink even after they got rid of that package circa 2006. I think they even updated it once!

Convergence and before in LI, News 12 LI Music Package done by Rampage Music NY.

Archived