New Set for WHEC

NEOMatrix

They are not HD? In 2016? Come on! In Erie, WICU/WSEE went HD in November 2012 and WJET/WFXP went HD in October 2013, and Erie is much smaller than Rochester. When will it debut?

I honestly have low expectations for this set. If KSTP couldn't get a decent set, then I shudder to think what's coming to WHEC. Like I said, I hope WHEC (finally!) goes HD because it's sad when everyone else in Hubbard is in HD and you're stuck in 16:9 SD.

I honestly have low expectations for this set. If KSTP couldn't get a decent set, then I shudder to think what's coming to WHEC. Like I said, I hope WHEC (finally!) goes HD because it's sad when everyone else in Hubbard is in HD and you're stuck in 16:9 SD.

I think KSTP and WNYT are the only Hubbard stations in HD.

I imagine they upgraded their infrastructure to HD. The cameras look new and the onset monitors look crisp and clear. It looks like they went with the Scripps esque look and it appears to be much more open / less cramped.

Overall it's looks like a great upgrade.

Some of the stations that are still stragglers to go HD you can see the graphics on the monitors look like crap especially when scaled to a video wall - like at WDSU. You likely can't see it on TV if it's still SD but from talents social media posts it is very visible.

I can verify the station is still NOT broadcasting local news in HD. I'm told the studio cameras were upgraded as were most of the studio components which could support a future switch, but it isn't broadcast in HD right now. Some of the other remaining outdated equipment (like the video switcher still being used that is decades old) has to be upgraded first.

Archived