Josh Rubenstein leaving KCBS/KCAL

JoseRM303

WTF???

Strange that LAPD went this route. Typically the head slot was a sworn position (usually a Lt. and a SGT.)

Why pick this guy?

He has no journo chops, there are 500 other media types in LA way more qualified for the SpokesHole job....sure that at least 200 of them applied.

He will get chewed up and spit out unless he grows a giant pair quickly.

Journo Rule 1: Never trust a law PIO to disclose anything timely.

Journo Rule 2: Never trust a PIO who vamped for 2:30 each night.

I feel sorry for Josh because I honestly don't think he knows just how deep he stepped in it.

• 2 weeks later...
Craig Herrera, weekend evening meteorologist at KGTV will be joining the duopoly. Unknown which slot he takes.

To 2/9???

Good for him. I hope he got a ft gig so they don't jack him around as a day hire. He is a pretty solid MMJ also.

To 2/9???

Good for him. I hope he got a ft gig so they don't jack him around as a day hire. He is a pretty solid MMJ also.

I don't know why he would decide to go to that craphole, but I guess to Craig it must be better than what he had going at KGTV.

I don't know why he would decide to go to that craphole, but I guess to Craig it must be better than what he had going at KGTV.

Now you made me feel sad for him.

But I think you are right about the KGTV part. Worst case he got sucked into some weekend perdiem thing where he commutes to LA on some select weekends. That's a typical L.A day hire / per diem jack-around. They also pull that crap when f-t guys are in negotiations (contract)... they will shoot a bunch of day hires into weekend slots to spin up the talent and keep the agents off-guard.

Hope it works out for him.

Now you made me feel sad for him.

But I think you are right about the KGTV part. Worst case he got sucked into some weekend perdiem thing where he commutes to LA on some select weekends. That's a typical L.A day hire / per diem jack-around. They also pull that crap when f-t guys are in negotiations (contract)... they will shoot a bunch of day hires into weekend slots to spin up the talent and keep the agents off-guard.

Hope it works out for him.

Really shitty, but that's what this business has become...unfortunately. Do you remember Kristine Lazar? She was on XETV for a few years up until 2006-07ish when she took off for KCBS...Anyways, I think they made her FT in the last year or so. After all those years. Granted, that it could have been on her wanting a PT gig, but it just seems ridic as to how someone would be willing to spend all that time at one place for a PT gig.

Archived