New WABC music on the net....

nynewsguy

I believe that they will still remain with their current set at least for the time being. The current set will be used for the for the Noon and 5PM broadcast, once the new massive set is built. There will be some sort of projection or green screen behind the anchors which will have a Liveand the new set will debut in time for the November 2007 Sweeps, if not then more than likely it will be available by February 2007. The current set will remain intact though and will be used for the Noon and 5PM broadcasts, there may be a slight update but I believe it may be the same. Considering how much they must've spent to restore the set from the fire that nearly destroyed it.

-Vlad

Vlad is right. The current set will be incorporated into the TV13 SuperStudio once it's built. This allows WABC to use their set while the construction is taking place on the other side of the wall. Eventually, the current space that WABC occupies will be used for the morning set, but that's not until the new 6 & 11PM set debuts, and the current one is moved to the space currently used by Regis & Kelly. Then, construction will begin on the morning set. It's going to take place in "stages" for lack of a better word.

Their will be a rear projection behind the set, it's not going to be chromakey. It will have a live shot from Number 1 Times Square looking south, so it will actually be a view of Manhattan, from Manhattan, not from NJ or Brooklyn.

Oh cool, so it'll be that same Time Square live shot that Nightline and Good Morning America uses, I presume?

Oh cool, so it'll be that same Time Square live shot that Nightline and Good Morning America uses, I presume?

No. The GMA and Nightline background is a view looking out of the Disney-owned Times Square Studios located at 1500 Broadway (West 44th Street & Broadway). One Times Square is the building where the New Year's Eve ball descends from.

From what nynewguy said, I'm assuming the WABC background will be a view from a camera on top of One Times Square looking south with the downtown Manhattan skyline in the distance.

KABC's graphics are hardly eye candy. They just do not suit the EWN theme at all. KABC should have gone hothaus when they lauched their HD newscasts last year.

Their graphics were done in house and are basically an updated version of their previous graphic package. It is better than what they had before though, but not the best.

-Vlad

I can't stress it enough anytime some mentions the KABC graphics on the Gari Communications site. The graphics in the demo video are rough cuts before they were finished. Believe me, they look a lot better on the TV eventhough they may not be the best. They still beat WABC's. ;D

KABC's graphics are hardly eye candy. They just do not suit the EWN theme at all. KABC should have gone hothaus when they lauched their HD newscasts last year.

Their graphics were done in house and are basically an updated version of their previous graphic package. It is better than what they had before though, but not the best.

-Vlad

I can't stress it enough anytime some mentions the KABC graphics on the Gari Communications site. The graphics in the demo video are rough cuts before they were finished. Believe me, they look a lot better on the TV eventhough they may not be the best. They still beat WABC's. ;D

KABC's graphics look cheaper than what WABC uses. But wait until the HD debut, WABC will give KABC a run for their money.

Just some additional information regarding the new WABC music...

The new WABC signature is the same which is used for the "The Team to Watch" promos.

That is what will end "NewGen2" for WABC.

Just some additional information regarding the new WABC music...

The new WABC signature is the same which is used for the "The Team to Watch" promos.

That is what will end "NewGen2" for WABC.

"The Team To Watch" cuts wouldn't be to bad as a whole new package as well. If they could somehow modify that theme to work as an open and close that would be pretty cool as well. That would better suit them too. But then again that signature cut used in "The Team To Watch" is in a different sounding key. (Key of A), so I wonder how that would work. With the NG2 cuts which are in C.

-Vlad

The long promo for Eyewitness News goes everywhere with Bill Ritter is from the same theme as well as the team to watch promos. Its a lot longer and it sounds like great music. That will probably be part of their new theme.

Archived