TVSpy: Is KRON Staging A Comeback?

Jess

Meh I rarely watch KRON. But they have improved their product with duo Anchor teams again instead of a solo Anchor one man show. However, I'll only watch it for People Behaving Badly and The Backstory.

If you invest money and resources into a product, people will have an incentive to watch. KRON and WKBW are probably the two best examples of this adage, or what happens when it doesn't happen.

That being said, it seems like MediaGeneral was a much better owner than Young ever could have been. And that makes people's concerns about the Nexstar takeover valid.

Or it's Aaron Pero's last ditch attempt to save his ass.

Looks like somebody called in a favor @ TV spy.

That was my thought originally too. I think there is a little more energy around the place now that the AND is gone and with more double headed newscasts, but the place is still a mess. Almost anyone I've ever known who has or does work there has said that it's the worst workplace environment where they've ever worked — including retail and food service.

I take it with a major grain of salt when a station spins one set of numbers. Key demo or not, it's always nice to see the whole picture.

My favorite is the "fastest growing" spin when a station doubles or triples their numbers. When they go to a 0.2 to a 0.6 while their closest competitor has a 2.0.

...and it's always fun to quote the ND and not the new GM.

Rule of thumb...

Anytime you see a station quote ANY ratings; Consider it BS. Ratings numbers are not designed for public consumption.

Every station lies.

(Even KBEX general sales manager Stu Sleastack lies daily to his disabled mother.)

News ratings are much more suited for managing anchors and reporters or other malleable staffers.

...and it's always fun to quote the ND and not the new GM.

Rule of thumb...

Anytime you see a station quote ANY ratings; Consider it BS. Ratings numbers are not designed for public consumption.

Every station lies.

(Even KBEX general sales manager Stu Sleastack lies daily to his disabled mother.)

News ratings are much more suited for managing anchors and reporters or other malleable staffers.

The defunct 92-X (a Columbus CHR station during my college years) used to have a pretty amusing liner, which I'm sure was used nationally since nothing in the media is original:

"Arbitron rated DEAD LAST! The new 92-X!"

The defunct 92-X (a Columbus CHR station during my college years) used to have a pretty amusing liner, which I'm sure was used nationally since nothing in the media is original:

"Arbitron rated DEAD LAST! The new 92-X!"

It's not quite "Eaton/Dayton and Springfield Alive!" but that's pretty funny.

Archived