Cuba vs USA Jamming

Eat News

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about current TV and radio jamming operations aimed at Cuba?

Do we still actively jam Cuba broadcast, or do we still run directed propaganda broadcast out of South Florida or P.R?

Is TV and Radio Marti still there?

Looking for current direct information, and not really a bunch of google or wiki links.

WSVN fan???

Raymie???

Thanks guys

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about current TV and radio jamming operations aimed at Cuba?

Do we still actively jam Cuba broadcast, or do we still run directed propaganda broadcast out of South Florida or P.R?

Is TV and Radio Marti still there?

Looking for current direct information, and not really a bunch of google or wiki links.

WSVN fan???

Raymie???

Thanks guys

WPLG has a studio in Havana now, so yes for propaganda broadcast, but no for jamming operations. There could be more info, but this is the only thing I know.

Well, the primary way they've kind of "jammed" existing signals, especially on AM, is by throwing up lots of small transmitters. 1180 AM is loaded with Radio Rebelde and other national network transmitters for this reason.

TV and Radio Marti is still based here in my area in Miami, wholly tax-payer funded too.

I think there still is jamming. Obviously, Cuba wants news that's positive for their government so anything that's negative, Cuba will jam it.

Idk much more than that but it still happens.

TV and Radio Marti is still based here in my area in Miami, wholly tax-payer funded too.

I think there still is jamming. Obviously, Cuba wants news that's positive for their government so anything that's negative, Cuba will jam it.

Idk much more than that but it still happens.

Thanks a bunch guys.

Are Cuban based radio stations easily receivable in South Florida?

If they are strong and far enough? Yes. But I think most are jammed anyways so that South Florida doesn't have a chance at hearing them.

Yes, it'd be nice to hear one so that Cubans here can get the full truth about what's happening there, but TV is the best we can do around here (even though we have TV and Radio Marti).

And no, I'm not Cuban. I'm half Dominican/half Puerto Rican.

If tuhey are strong and far enough? Yes. But I think most are jammed anyways so that South Florida doesn't have a chance at hearing them.

Yes, it'd be nice to hear one so that Cubans here can get the full truth about what's happening there, but TV is the best we can do around here (even though we have TV and Radio Marti).

I didn't mean to assume that you are Cuban. I was just asking if they were receivable as your in South Florida.

I'm half Mexican, half Shark, and half Korean.

I can't swim to Cuba because they don't allow Mexican / Korean / Sharks in the Panama Canal.

Archived