Sukanya Krishnan leaving PIX11

JoseRM303

Very interesting hire. It shows that PIX is actually serious about changing their image. Their release today all but spells the end for Scott.

NOT pix, not tribune - because that would've been done long ago. PRESSURE from Sinclair on Tribune more than anything, Sinclair isn't walking in 9 months from now if and when they acquire Tribune, they have been looking at the numbers and looking for solutions for awhile - hence the change of the PIX GM also, it's the pressure from Sinclair, they just earmarked 14 million shares today upon the FCC approval.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tamsen i agree with, Mr G Hell no he is a ny institution.

Yeah but he's getting up there in age, considering Linda Church who looks so much younger just retired. But I say let him stay until he's ready. I also hope Kaity Tong doesn't leave, cause she's definitely been appearing less and less on weekends. Also with pressure from Sinclair for younger talent, I am worried that she will be forced out.

Tamsen i agree with, Mr G Hell no he is a ny institution.

Institution? step out of the bubble - the time for these self-described icons to leave while still considered an institution was right after 9/11. since then anybody who has stayed on has faded into oblivion outside of the local news insiders. As i said before - cbs 2's Morry Alter was forgotten the day he left- and that was 12 years ago. unless you haven't noticed - tv viewership has dropped off from an average of about a 13 rating 10 years ago to now where it's a 5.6 at best but typically more like a 1.5 - .5 rating today depending on who you watch. Mr. G slurs his words - can't make out a darn thing he says, what's up with that guy? these people are now just Legends In Their Own Minds - just look at Ernie Anastos - he doesn't have the name or face recognition he had 40 years ago, he's been on a downhill slide (along with news viewership for 4 decades) these news personalities don't draw crowds like they used to. look at Dan Rather and Brian Williams for that matter- do you think viewers at home sit around and chat about these guys? You may be throwing Bill O'Reilly into that mix if he doesn't land anywhere fast, he'll never attain the following he had. these people are as memorable as Yesterdays News, if you take your head out of the NYC News Bubble you would understand that.

PIX definitely making a statement with the hiring of Betty to replace (lets face it) the infamous Suki. By shunning an in-house promotion and going outside for a credible seasoned pro, they're obviously looking to distance themselves from the silly antics and questionable behavior of the "Suki Era". Definitely look for Scott to be put back on Sports.

Suki's Profile/photo is OFF THE PIX11 She said she had 6 days left, perhaps they;re not going to give her the op to say goodbye like the send-off they gave Linda church.

Where's dan mannerino's loyalty in all this? he dropped Suki like a hot Potato and was seen on Tamsens instagram snuggling up to the new boss that fired her in a post from yesterday. acting like he and GM Wayland are lifelong buddies. Not a peep from Linda Church about Sukanya either...

wow, what did she do? Chris Knowles and now Lisa Mateo - the only 2 colleagues at all to wish her well - she's like Persona non -grata. not more than 5 comments by former coworkers & colleagues on either post.

These staffers that kissed her Butt all these years like Kirsten Cole, Magee Hickey, Nicole johnson, Mannerino that Ojinika, James Ford,Monica Morales and even that Roetony cameraguy - they're all self-proclaimed "Team Players", well where are they? There's other ways to publicly support her - like HERE or other media industry forums or other social media, They all let that Pix11 door slam on Suki's Butt, what a bunch of phoneys - they all kissed her butt for job security all those years.

wow, what did she do? Chris Knowles and now Lisa Mateo - the only 2 colleagues at all to wish her well - she's like Persona non -grata. not more than 5 comments by former coworkers & colleagues on either post.

according to the article apparently Amy the ND demanded that the talent acknowledge the new hire and suki was not happy about so in essence she got the hook that way under the guise of insubordination plus if anyone else acknowledged her departure on air they would also meet the same fate...

according to the article apparently Amy the ND demanded that the talent acknowledge the new hire and suki was not happy about so in essence she got the hook that way under the guise of insubordination plus if anyone else acknowledged her departure on air they would also meet the same fate...

Not, talking about the insubordination - sounds like there was something else going on behind the scenes and perhaps Suki threw some people under the bus. There was also an article on Betty (her replacement) before the firing that said Suki's last day was going to be friday (5/19)

Sukanya krishnan will be forgotten quicker than you can say "Linda Church"

Where's dan mannerino's loyalty in all this? he dropped Suki like a hot Potato and was seen on Tamsens instagram snuggling up to the new boss that fired her in a post from yesterday. acting like he and GM Wayland are lifelong buddies. Not a peep from Linda Church about Sukanya either...

It was made clear that any mention of Suki would result in YOUR firing. All Dan is trying to do is cover his own behind. After all, he wants to keep HIS job. Sucking up to the boss publically gives you brownie points in corporate America, even in your own heart you can't stand the person.

• 3 weeks later...
Why the hell is everyone getting so upset over Suki's firing, she is nothing but a sarcastic liberal left wing boob. The next one to go is Tamsen Fadal, clean the WPIX swamp

who cares about suki's politics the thing is we don't like her cause she esentally coup d'etat the previous female anchor and is a jerk on air and the last few changes before her is why are they changing other people and not her. i agree they should fire tamsen since she is more interested in her relationships and sex self promotions.

Why the hell is everyone getting so upset over Suki's firing, she is nothing but a sarcastic liberal left wing boob. The next one to go is Tamsen Fadal, clean the WPIX swamp

Psst. If you can't tell, NOBODY has brought politics into this topic, except you. If you have nothing of value to add, then don't ruin the thread(s) with stupid, attention-seeking comments.

Psst. If you can't tell, NOBODY has brought politics into this topic, except you. If you have nothing of value to add, then don't ruin the thread(s) with stupid, attention-seeking comments.

Brought up Politics? of course I brought it up, who are you trying to kid? TV News jobs are ALL About Politics- especially every little move at WPIX - stop the nonsense. the Truth hurts, denial is an awful thing. Telling the TRUTH of the situation Always Brings value to the conversation. Hmmm, wonder why Mannerino didn't go back to London for the Attack after the Manchester Attack - does PIX need a specific death count? No, sending Mannerino was all POLITICS - to justify his Morning News anchor spot. They also would have held Tamsen over in London (she was ther during the last attack) if they were serious about News. Why didn't she do a report on the last attack? Because it was a Political Ruse sending Mannerino in the first place - I don't think PIX even mentioned the latest attack - because the accomplished what they needed to (fooling everyone that Mannerino's reporting of Manchester justified his qualificiation for a news Anchor) What News Director would send a Crew to Manchester just AFTER SWEEPS ended?. Everything is Politics! Attention seeking? I'm just a nobody. But if you didn't see that 5-6 the PIX Staff from Connecticut were SUDDENLY qualified to work at pix11 under the 2 years WTIC's Rich Graziano was PIX11 GM - then you are oblivious. PIX didn't have a single on-air staffer from Ct., then all of a sudden 80% of the newest hires on staff are from Ct. Politics is all around, Bill Carey hired 10 of his friends out of the blue when he was PIX ND including a cop and body language expert, 2 standup comics (Mocker and felonius monk) a no-name internet shopping saver and Lionel - ALL with absolutely NO prior TV Experience that he made custom-tailored segments for. Also hired the Troubled Mendte, the troubled Dementri, reporter Hilary from market 195 (a favor to her agent al primo his old boss) and a few production hires that were friends like the troubled Dorsey and others from unrelated fields. Only of which 1 single hire of the dozen remained in contract only 2 years After Carey was gone.

Can I get an Amen!!

Disclaimer: Gimme a break...it's the first thing that popped up in the search.

Can I get an Amen!!

Disclaimer: Gimme a break...it's the first thing that popped up in the search.

'Cept I'm just honest - Not ANGRY like a lot of other people posting on here- nasty language, viscous personal attacks, threats...

Brought up Politics? of course I brought it up, who are you trying to kid? TV News jobs are ALL About Politics- especially every little move at WPIX - stop the nonsense. the Truth hurts, denial is an awful thing. Telling the TRUTH of the situation Always Brings value to the conversation. Hmmm, wonder why Mannerino didn't go back to London for the Attack after the Manchester Attack - does PIX need a specific death count? No, sending Mannerino was all POLITICS - to justify his Morning News anchor spot. They also would have held Tamsen over in London (she was ther during the last attack) if they were serious about News. Why didn't she do a report on the last attack? Because it was a Political Ruse sending Mannerino in the first place - I don't think PIX even mentioned the latest attack - because the accomplished what they needed to (fooling everyone that Mannerino's reporting of Manchester justified his qualificiation for a news Anchor) What News Director would send a Crew to Manchester just AFTER SWEEPS ended?. Everything is Politics! Attention seeking? I'm just a nobody. But if you didn't see that 5-6 the PIX Staff from Connecticut were SUDDENLY qualified to work at pix11 under the 2 years WTIC's Rich Graziano was PIX11 GM - then you are oblivious. PIX didn't have a single on-air staffer from Ct., then all of a sudden 80% of the newest hires on staff are from Ct. Politics is all around, Bill Carey hired 6 of his friends out of the blue when he was PIX ND including a cop and body language expert with absolutely NO prior TV Experience that he made custom-tailored segments for.

"Brought up Politics? of course I brought it up"

My response was to bamagator, not sure why you're taking on his response as yours, unless you're posting as two different users...

"Brought up Politics? of course I brought it up"

My response was to bamagator, not sure why you're taking on his response as yours, unless you're posting as two different users...

well sorry then, but it doesn't make a difference, Politics always needs to be part of the conversation - it's the glue that binds us. as long as it keeps the thread moving, they're all valid points.

Archived