Brian Ross suspended from ABC News

ColDayNews

If a good lawyer can prove actual malice (a long shot here, but I wouldn't be shocked to see someone try it), it most certainly is.

The reaction to the erroneous report on The View Friday morning--an ABC News production, mind--would be a place to start.

And the reaction from the courts will be along the lines of “you assumed inherent risk when you invested so sorry no”...

I really wish Disney would fine ABC big time for this.

1) Disney isn't a governmental organization. It can't fine any individual or company the way that, say, the FCC can.

2) Even if it could, fining its own subsidiary is basically a minor tweak to the revenue stream(s).

Better yet, cut ties! They don't need ABC do they???

3) Selling ABC just for this one incident would be, in a word, overreaction. You wouldn't cut your whole hand off just because of a hangnail, would you?

• 2 weeks later...
1)

3) Selling ABC just for this one incident would be, in a word, overreaction. You wouldn't cut your whole hand off just because of a hangnail, would you?

Do they ever have a rodent problem at the Disney properties?

I wonder if they call the exterminator and have the mice and rats killed.

Do they just run free?

Do they ever have a rodent problem at the Disney properties?

I wonder if they call the exterminator and have the mice and rats killed.

Do they just run free?

I’m assuming that’s why they’re bringing in....a 21st Century FOX! *zing*

Archived