Tom Brokaw accused of sexual harassment

Georgie56

It is time for Brokaw to take a break from the spotlight. To save whatever legacy he has left, he needs to live out the rest of his retirement.

If NBC is forcing staffers and reporters to sign a petition then NBC may get another lawsuit against them.

I'm not sure what the story is tho these are the 3 possibilities. 1). Vester is lying about the whole situation either because she wants her 15 minutes of fame, $$$ or someone gave her the idea to lie to discredit Brokaw and in turn discredit NBC and Brokaw was angry that he was wrongfully accused of acting inappropriately with Vester . 2). Brokaw and Vester had an affair and Brokaw is angry that his wife now is aware that he wasn't faithful to her and Vester feels she was taken advantage of over 20 years later. 3). Brokaw was inappropriate towards Vester and is a completely different person in real life then his TV persona. He wouldn't be the first or the last TV personality to have two different personalities. My guess until more comes out is that Brokaw and Vester had an affair.

I don't think Brokaw's alleged behavior can be comparable with his "TV persona", as you describe it. Of course when he's anchoring the news, he's not going to give the impression of being a kind of serial pest. That's obvious. I will say that this story doesn't actually surprise me. I heard rumors about Brokaw about 15 years ago - and on Fox News, of all places. People were saying things like he is not a reputable guy, that he is not a guy to count on in the trenches. I can't remember who was saying it, but it was aired around the world. Tom's bizarre and over-the-top reaction to this story only makes that observation seem more accurate to me.

I don't think Brokaw's alleged behavior can be comparable with his "TV persona", as you describe it. Of course when he's anchoring the news, he's not going to give the impression of being a kind of serial pest. That's obvious. I will say that this story doesn't actually surprise me. I heard rumors about Brokaw about 15 years ago - and on Fox News, of all places. People were saying things like he is not a reputable guy, that he is not a guy to count on in the trenches. I can't remember who was saying it, but it was aired around the world. Tom's bizarre and over-the-top reaction to this story only makes that observation seem more accurate to me.

That's interesting, and the way he is reacting is suspect and Tom should enjoy his retirement. Leave the public eye gracefully and save your face and intergrity.

At this point I think that it is best if Tom Brokaw just retires.

I agree, stay under the radar and don't let the story escalate.

Exactly. Presuming he's not guilty he can say he's retiring for the best interest of NBC as well as his family. That way when he's long gone he and NBC can still have a decent legacy that his granddaughters can be proud of.

That's interesting, and the way he is reacting is suspect and Tom should enjoy his retirement. Leave the public eye gracefully and save your face and intergrity.

I agree, stay under the radar and don't let the story escalate.

Exactly. Presuming he's not guilty he can say he's retiring for the best interest of NBC as well as his family. That way when he's long gone he and NBC can still have a decent legacy that his granddaughters can be proud of.

Exactly, cause I think Rose and Lauer should not be brought back to television. The stuff about Lauer is mindblowing and he actually raped someone in his office. Where are the criminal charges against him. I heard that the stuff he did in Sochi was damning and there was evidence which is why he was fired.

I don't trust NBC and the fact that they have internal counsel shows that they are not about intergrity.

That's interesting, and the way he is reacting is suspect and Tom should enjoy his retirement. Leave the public eye gracefully and save your face and integrity.

The problem is that if he retires, this isn't going away. For some, it will only be seen as an admission of guilt. The damage is already done and retiring isn't going to remedy that.

If this keeps up there are gonna be a whole lot of budding female and twink junior cub reporters, stuck in low and mid-level markets.

They are just making it more difficult to sleep their way to the top.

Best to have a clipboard with a blank Non-Disclosure Agreement next to your office couch just in case you get lucky.

Some may actually have to work.

Archived