KPNX New Set

CSRep

As an Arizona Native, I was in Phoenix last week for a wedding, and saw that KPNX, the Tegna Affiliate, got a modified "Tegna in a Box" set that debuted last week for the station's 65th Anniversary. Set seems dark, as they are now in the back of the streetside studio, and the anchor desk is no longer in front of the windows. There was a video I cannot find now that shows the area near the windows now functions as a live performance area, and the kitchen is between the news area and the performance area. Wondering if the mini-KHOU downtown set, or the WFAA set will share any of treatment applied to KPNX? Here's the link for story:

https://www.12news.com/article/news/local/valley/12-news-unveils-studio-12a-the-new-home-of-our-newscasts/75-544915041

Monitors on the desk? What a concept, Tegna! You're slowly learning!

As an Arizona Native, I was in Phoenix last week for a wedding, and saw that KPNX, the Tegna Affiliate, got a modified "Tegna in a Box" set that debuted last week for the station's 65th Anniversary. Set seems dark, as they are now in the back of the streetside studio, and the anchor desk is no longer in front of the windows. There was a video I cannot find now that shows the area near the windows now functions as a live performance area, and the kitchen is between the news area and the performance area. Wondering if the mini-KHOU downtown set, or the WFAA set will share any of treatment applied to KPNX? Here's the link for story:

https://www.12news.com/article/news/local/valley/12-news-unveils-studio-12a-the-new-home-of-our-newscasts/75-544915041

Archived