5 Live, KTLA News at Noon & 2 PM Online Only

CalItalian2

I watched the noon newscast. Lots of technical glitches. The production, flow of the newscast was not up to KTLA's standards. There were well less than 1000 watching. A police chase will bring upwards of 10,000.

I saw the noon one on a plane and it really didn't look like a traditional newscast at all. It looked like one of those type of lifestyle talk shows within the newscasts. Plus, I didn't see KTLA's graphics at all which tells you how different 5 Live is.

More technical glitches today. They had to go to an extended break to fix audio within the first 10 minutes. No push notification today (you have to go to the app and add 5 Live). No link or notification of 5 Live noon newscast on Facebook but there is on Twitter. The counter constantly says 672 people watching. Anchors keep looking into the wrong camera. I don't get why the anchors are constantly holding their KTLA mugs, either. Still no graphics at all. This looks like something I'd expect to see coming out of Bakersfield, not Los Angeles.

I wouldn’t call this a newscast since KTLA themselves don’t call this a newscast but a show. The branding 5 LIVE is completely different than KTLA news. They seem to use this programming as a bridge for people who stream KTLA newscasts. Before the stream would go dark at noon and 2 p.m. Now they have this programming instead of going dark. I think its a good attempt for a digital venture and potential to get some more eyeballs on KTLA. The production isn't all there but hopefully the technical glitches subside.

This reminds me of the time when KBEX-Tv ventured into the world of live sports...

It was a complete disaster because we had to hire monkeys.

Why monkeys???

Because they could pass "e-verify"...

...and we could only afford bananas.

Archived