Don Dahler joins CBS2 as anchor

cbs2idiots

Don Dahler to joined CBS2 as anchor, He will become a weekend anchor then move into a weekday slot. The question is who will be replaced is it Mary Calvi, Maurice Dubois, Jim Rosenfield. We all know its not Chris Wragge

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2007/08/17/2007-08-17_ch_2_seeks_top_dahler_for_anchor.html

The question is who will be replaced is it Mary Calvi, Maurice Dubois, Jim Rosenfield. We all know its not Chris Wragge

You never know. Too bad no one has the ratings since the anchor changes. I think it might be Rosenfield though, I think he wanted an out in his contract since he was dropped as lead anchorman.

But then again as the paper mentions how the morning team hasn't been touched and that was the only newscast that didn't have an increase in ratings, it could be Maurice who's going.

The question is who will be replaced is it Mary Calvi, Maurice Dubois, Jim Rosenfield. We all know its not Chris Wragge

You never know. Too bad no one has the ratings since the anchor changes. I think it might be Rosenfield though, I think he wanted an out in his contract since he was dropped as lead anchorman.

But then again as the paper mentions how the morning team hasn't been touched and that was the only newscast that didn't have an increase in ratings, it could be Maurice who's going.

I just have a feeling it might be Maurice who will be replaced. Remember he didnt like the change to mornings and also the ratings is not so good.

I guess we could get used to DuBois while he lasts, because he possibly might be the one to go. But he may just be a weekend anchor as well. Why can't CBS 2 just leave things alone for at least 6 months?! :-\

looks like CBS2 is trying to go for an all caucasion anchor line-up if in fact Maurice does leave.

What about Dana Tyler?

I think he was talking about just the morning broadcasts. :)

Maybe they realized that the Chris/Johnson team failed miserably and are going to put Dana & Don for the 6 & 11 spot or maybe 5 & 11. Too bad if he is here to replace Jim. Maybe Jim got a job at WNBC or maybe WABC, who knows.

CBS2 wants to become number 1 so before they can achieve their goals people will come in and out like Ernie Anastos, Roz Abrams, Jim Ryan and Don Dahler will be no better. You see when WNBC gracefully will take 2nd place, and keep their current anchors, CBS2 is so greedy and even if they were in 2nd place they will fire people to become number 1.

In another 2 years if CBS2 is still lagging behind before Dunn and Friend leave the station Dana will be back at 11. Then a new management arrives decides to do another anchor shake up and decided not to renew Chris and Kristine contract. Then Don Dahler gets the boot months later. Kate is demoted to be a reporter. Jim decides not to renew his contract. Then they take Dana off the 11. Afterwards you see a bunch of new talents and maybe a highly recognized anchor and then the cycle continues over and over.

The most trust newscasts give me a break. Nothing sticks for 6 months or a year.

I guess we could get used to DuBois while he lasts, because he possibly might be the one to go. But he may just be a weekend anchor as well. Why can't CBS 2 just leave things alone for at least 6 months?! :-\

I really like Maurice - I think he is a great co-anchor. Kate and Maurice are great together, especially in the morning. They have a great way of reporting the news, while adding a fun "touch" to it.

looks like CBS2 is trying to go for an all caucasion anchor line-up if in fact Maurice does leave.

Isn't Dana Tyler an african American?

She is African American. But it looks like Dahler has fallen into the CBS 2 trap, much like all of the other unsuspecting anchors did, he shouldn't have signed that contract.

I don't think that he has fallen into any "trap". CBS 2 doesn't hire to fire. I think that if CBS 2 replaces any of their anchors, they will do it for a good reason.

A good reason eh? Then why haven't they suceeded in ratings despite the many changes they've done... As soon as Jim and Dana left the 11PM chair, they probably lost tons of viewers. Why put people with less experience in the number one spot? Why put Quinn over Bolaris? Why Chris and Kristine over Jim and Dana? Something is wrong with that station, and I don't know what it is, but they need to get it fixed. Viacom needs to get rid of that lousy news director and hire someone who truly knows how to direct the news. Occasional changes are good but frequent changes never are. Viewers can't adapt and "get used to it". It doesn't bode well for their ratings.

I don't think that he has fallen into any "trap". CBS 2 doesn't hire to fire. I think that if CBS 2 replaces any of their anchors, they will do it for a good reason.

A good reason eh? Then why haven't they suceeded in ratings despite the many changes they've done... As soon as Jim and Dana left the 11PM chair, they probably lost tons of viewers. Why put people with less experience in the number one spot? Why put Quinn over Bolaris? Why Chris and Kristine over Jim and Dana? Something is wrong with that station, and I don't know what it is, but they need to get it fixed. Viacom needs to get rid of that lousy news director and hire someone who truly knows how to direct the news. Occasional changes are good but frequent changes never are. Viewers can't adapt and "get used to it". It doesn't bode well for their ratings.

Spot on!

And they don't know what the definition is for consistency. The just wanted a blondy news team for the exception of Ducis. CBS 2 does hire to fire.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dahler becomes 6 and 11 anchor. Given that CBS News has been using Wragge pretty extensively, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets called up.

Regardless of what you think, this is actually a *gasp* good move for CBS. Dahler has something that a lot of their anchors don't - credibility. He's been out in the field and one of ABC's top reporters. I think they should capitalize on this and add him to evenings asap.

I have nothing against Don Dahler, I dont even know him but these big name anchors that come to CBS2 end up leaving in no time. Just look at CBS2 track record with Roz Abrams, Ernie Anastos, Jim Ryan. Mario Bosquez, you name it they left. Eventually Wragge and Johnson will be replaced.

CBS2 plays God with people lives and Don Dahler better watch out because the media is the first one to bring you up and the first one to put you down like trash. That is what they did with Roz.

And yes before Dahler is over at CBS2 he will become the 6 and 11 anchor.

I have nothing against Don Dahler, I dont even know him but these big name anchors that come to CBS2 end up leaving in no time. Just look at CBS2 track record with Roz Abrams, Ernie Anastos, Jim Ryan. Mario Bosquez, you name it they left. Eventually Wragge and Johnson will be replaced.

CBS2 plays God with people lives and Don Dahler better watch out because the media is the first one to bring you up and the first one to put you down like trash. That is what they did with Roz.

And yes before Dahler is over at CBS2 he will become the 6 and 11 anchor.

Right On!, that was precisely what I was talking about until some people took it a little seriously. CBS 2 is not a joke, they will hire you and then crush you whenever they want without any warning. Which is kinda why I feel a bit bad about those anchors and reporters who work for the channel, I'm sure that they have in their minds that they may get the boot sooner or later. Anyway I wish him the best of luck with that station, because he'll definitely need it.

Archived