ABC7's Marc Brown and Michelle Tuzee have swiched....

ABC7 Los Angeles

Yes, they have switched but not to different stations. Marc and Michelle have swapped newscasts with David Ono and Ellen Leyva. Instead of anchoring the 4pm and 6pm shows they have been moved to the 5pm show. This still isn't confirmed but it does look like it. They have been playing the generic opens during this time so it seems to me new ones are in the works. Again, this is still not confirmed. We'll just have to wait until the new talent opens are out and see if anything is different. If anyone has any info, please fill us in!

- Gabriel

P.S. If anyone here works for KTLA, drop me a PM.

Marc and Michelle make a great team, no matter what shows they're anchoring. They're still on at 11, which makes me happy. I always thought Ellen Leyva deserved more airtime because she's so good at what she does. She and David are a great team, as well. This will hopefully keep KABC at the top of the ratings, where they belong. ;)

This move brings KABC back in line with how it structured its anchor teams in the past. The "A" team (these days, Marc Brown and Michelle Tuzee) took the 5:00 p.m. show and the 11:00 p.m. show, and the "B" team would anchor the 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. show.

Yep, it's confirmed by the updates on the ABC7 bios page (KABC is always good about updating it), and it's probably the biggest change since the departure of Laura Diaz. Just click on Marc Brown, Michelle Tuzee, David Ono, or Ellen Leyva to see them. David Ono is also out at 11am. http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/index?section=bios&id=3378333

My initial reactions to the switch are fairly mixed. Of course I like both teams a lot, and I think that they will do well in any spot. The "A" team, Marc and Michelle, have worked together on both newscasts for almost a decade and have always had an excellent post-Oprah feel, but they are the long-term faces of the station and should therefore be on the "signature" newscasts. I suspect also that this has at least something something to do with the recent streak of wins at 11. KABC is gearing up now for the fall; the new disaster preparedness campaign does a good job of highlighting their serious news credentials.

As for the "B" team, 4 and 6pm make more sense for David Ono rather than the somewhat odd 11am and 5pm, enabling him to once again to report for the 11pm show. Levya gets an extra half hour of exposure too, and she will be a natural fit for the 4pm news.

Here's to hoping that the switch works well and that the opens are updated to something a little more like their old ones.

Perhaps Phillip Palmer will do another show (he fills in frequently for Ono).

It appears Kathy and Phil will do mornings and 11am.

Well it makes sense keep the morning team where they belong in the mornings. Similar to the way WABC does it with Ken and Lori at 5 - 7 AM and then having them at Noon.

KABC is, and always will be, my favorite station. I think the anchor changes will do them good. At least they haven't fired any people. Let's just hope the new teams will be able to fend off the other teams from KCBS and KNBC.

Perhaps Phillip Palmer will do another show (he fills in frequently for Ono).

It appears Kathy and Phil will do mornings and 11am.

Correct. Kathy and Phillip were on Monday with no talent open and they did not say that they were filling in for anyone.

Archived