Don Dahler's First Appearance on WCBS

civic110

I think he was great. I know he will be more relax later on. I smell something fishy could he be Jim Rosenfield replacement. Jim as been off a whole lot especially this summer which is very unusual. I think something is going on behind the scenes definitely.

I think he was great. I know he will be more relax later on. I smell something fishy could he be Jim Rosenfield replacement. Jim as been off a whole lot especially this summer which is very unusual. I think something is going on behind the scenes definitely.

Well that would be unfortunate. Who knows, it could happen. Heck, he can even replace Chris, since their management is really unpredictable and even the anchors don't really know whats instore for themselves, lol. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think these would be good anchor tandems

CBS 2 News this Morning- Stay as is except put Lonnie Quinn Mornings

CBS 2 News at Noon- Don Dahler, Cindy Hsu, and Lonnie Quinn

CBS 2 News at 5- Same as Noon except with Elise Finch doing Weather

CBS 2 News at 6 and 11- Dana, Jim, Elise and Ducis

CBS 2 News Weekend Morning- Brendan Keefe, Kirsten Cole and John Elliott Weather

CBS 2 News Weekend Evening- Chris Wragge, Mary Calvi, John Bolaris and Sam Ryan

I think these would be good anchor tandems

CBS 2 News this Morning- Stay as is except put Lonnie Quinn Mornings

CBS 2 News at Noon- Don Dahler, Cindy Hsu, and Lonnie Quinn

CBS 2 News at 5- Same as Noon except with Elise Finch doing Weather

CBS 2 News at 6 and 11- Dana, Jim, Elise and Ducis

CBS 2 News Weekend Morning- Brendan Keefe, Kirsten Cole and John Elliott Weather

CBS 2 News Weekend Evening- Chris Wragge, Mary Calvi, John Bolaris and Sam Ryan

Quite Frankly I would replace the morning team. Kate and Maurice dont give me the thrill to get up and watch them in the morning. I say put Cindy Hsu and Don Dahler in the mornings and Noon. I think Cindy is better fit in the mornings than at 5. Give Chris a new partner a 5. Maybe bring in Linda Schmidt. Dana and Jim at 6 and 11.

I would keep Elliot in the morning and noon. I thought about Elise in the evenings but there would be three African American on the 6 and 11 newscast. It would be better if there was a mixture so I guess I would keep the awful Lonnie in the evenings.

Jim is probably taking vacation b/c his contract is soon to expire.

Ya know the old saying, use the vacation days before Dec. 31 or you lose them--that's probably what he is doing.

Dahler was okay, he seemed stiff and was touching his ear to his shoulder during reports. I'll give him a pass on the 1st, but it better be improved next time out.

BTW, unrelated to Dahler...

Did anybody see the taxi strike coverage on WCBS and the piece that had a promotion for NBC Nightly News on the taxi cab "screen?" They were showing the GPS map/TV screen--and next to the video was a promo for Nightly News with a big ole' picture of Brian Williams.

BTW, unrelated to Dahler...

Did anybody see the taxi strike coverage on WCBS and the piece that had a promotion for NBC Nightly News on the taxi cab "screen?" They were showing the GPS map/TV screen--and next to the video was a promo for Nightly News with a big ole' picture of Brian Williams.

...priceless

At WCBS, there is always something going on behind the scenes. That's why all the changes from 1992 to today and still NO RATINGS.

They even have a commercial welcoming him. Which leads me to believe that he will play a larger role at the station then just being the weekend anchor.

Off topic: Just wondering does anyone have the video of Ernie welcoming Roz to WCBS? Or even the one with Jim and Maurice "making the swtich to CBS2" commercials?

Archived