Brendan Keefe to Leave CBS2

CBS2HD

Newsbyte2 reports that Brendan will leave for a job in Cincinnati. He gets an anchor position and reporting duties. I think this is a major blow to CBS2. Brendan is an excellent reporter. He will be missed.

Well not everyone's dream job is in NYC. It's possible he got tired of the city and wants to do something new someplace smaller, not that Cincy is exactly tiny.

It's also entirely possible that if the station he's leaving for wanted him bad enough he'll get paid better than he was at WCBS.

Bottom line is that WCBS is a dump! They need to get a totally new building but they'll never spend the money for it.

Besides, Brendan will have a much better quality of life in a small community like Cincy. I liked him and wish him well.

he was a reporter at WCBS. He will get to be an anchor in Cincy. Its a bigger position and probably pays more money. The station is stronger and quality of life will probably be better. Your priorities change when you get older.

Hey...

I don't blame Brendan for leaving New York. I reported in Houston (radio market #6), but left because I didn't like working in major market, and now work in Fort Myers, FL which is in the mid 60s. It was a quality of life issue for me, and plus...family is close by.

Any one of those reasons could be the reason why Brendan left.

Hey...

I don't blame Brendan for leaving New York. I reported in Houston (radio market #6), but left because I didn't like working in major market, and now work in Fort Myers, FL which is in the mid 60s. It was a quality of life issue for me, and plus...family is close by.

From Newsbyte2, quoting Brendan:

"When you have a baby, it changes everything in the world, and I've got that little six-month-old boy at home. When you look into those eyes, suddenly you decide that maybe going to Iraq every other year isn't necessarily the assignment. So that's why the decision was made."

Hey...

From Newsbyte2, quoting Brendan:

"When you have a baby, it changes everything in the world, and I've got that little six-month-old boy at home. When you look into those eyes, suddenly you decide that maybe going to Iraq every other year isn't necessarily the assignment. So that's why the decision was made."

...and there you have it! ;D

Snob,

He's been anchoring in Cincy for a week already. He anchors the 5:30 show, and is lead reporter for th 11PM newscast.

Hmmm...that might, just MIGHT explain why he hasn't been on the air lately... :o

Archived