Favorite Entertainment Newsmagazine

Guest cfif

I'd have to say TMZ is my favorite. There's no gushy plugs for TV shows/movies and sugarcoated softball interviews like the other shows do on a regular basis.

Never really cared for this stuff honestly, cable news is already inflated with enough and I might turn over to Showbiz Tonight for a few seconds when going between the different cable nets.

"Entertainment Tonight", hands down! Despite all this heavy competition from Extra, Access, E!, TMZ, etc., ET is still the original. At least their theme music has always remained the same since 1981.

"Inside Edition's" also good for its mixture of entertainment, investigative, and human interest stuff, which explains why they're #2 in the syndicated magazine ratings behind ET.

"Access" was somewhat alright when Nancy O'Dell and Pat O'Brien hosted, though I couldn't stand the latter. These days, it's a mess thanks to Billy Bush, but they do have some sanity with Maria Menounos...who I thought was way better at ET.

"Extra" started going down the crapper once Dave Nemeth and Arthel Neville left; don't care about them one bit.

And don't get me started about TMZ.

Jonathan Allen

Archived