Steve Bartelstein to Join WCBS

CBS2HD

Weekend morning, to pass the hangovers from all the drinks. I see that Maurice DuBois days are counted, hell even Kate Sullivan too if what I think might happen. Also it's nice to see that he got a gig, he is nevertheless a great morning anchor and a funny guy too. Good for WCBS-TV, yet I still protest the Dumpster/Drag 11PM team.

Weekend morning, to pass the hangovers from all the drinks. I see that Maurice DuBois days are counted, hell even Kate Sullivan too if what I think might happen. Also it's nice to see that he got a gig, he is nevertheless a great morning anchor and a funny guy too. Good for WCBS-TV, yet I still protest the Dumpster/Drag 11PM team.

I am protesting the 5pm and the 11pm newscast too. Anyway should I say bye, bye Maurice. His time is up. That morning team need to be shaked up. Kate lost that spark, the newscast is a drag.

Oh my God...they are going to replace Dapper Maurice with Horribly Dressed Steve! Anyone else notice this pattern in the last year of WCBS always replacing a great dresser with a guy who does not dress as well. SERIOUSLY:

(helpful chart)

Jim Rosenfield>Chris Wragge

Reid Lamberty>Don Dahler

John Bolaris>Lonnie Quinn

Maurice DuBois> Steve Bartlestein

MEN OF WCBS-IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR JOB, DRESS DOWN!!!

I like the WCBS morning team. I think the new ensemble is much different and upbeat than the one they had 3-years ago!

Bottom line, the morning show numbers are up. And as long as they're up, that team will stay intact. The other shows however need some work. If you're gonna shake anything up, blow up the 5, 6 and 11 PM. They stink!!!

SUIT PRONTO, MAURICE HAD HIS JACKET OPEN!!! HE IS FALLING DOWN WITH DAHLER!

That is actually OK. If he wants to get to Dahler's level he will have to let a colony of pigeons with food poisoning dump all over his suit.

Actually, I think he looks quite handsome with the shaved head...much better than with the Great Recession he usually has. They say the hair grows back thicker after the Chemo as well, so who knows what will happen?

Now his suits and ties...that's another story...

(Am I allowed to trash his wardrobe while he still has Cancer? Not sure...)

Anyone recognizing the CBS 2 of Dianne Doctor days coming back? My point: they have more anchors/wannabe anchors than they have room for. They lost Brendan because I think he did secretly want a higher roll at the station, and even a weekend anchor gig was too much for them to give him. Same reason they lost Andrea Stassou a couple years ago or whenever it was. They fired off three anchors a year and a half ago (they went by the names Jim Ryan, Shon Gables, and Mario Bosquez).... and now... after a deep shortage, they are back where they were. Didn't Don Dahler join the station for an eventual higher position? So is Steve. Let's see... but Chris and Kristine are improving ratings as they enter their 13th month of anchoring local news.... so they aren't going anywhere. So Maurice is basically gone. He did nothing at the station. Dunn demoted him to mornings... still no move. And now the one guy he lost to every morning works with him. Tension in the office? Kate, who I was very critical of her hiring, will be moved to weekends most likely, or they will try it, and she'll be gone. And who are the kidding? Now making Mary do all the weekend newscasts, like Elise will be doing next month, and like the weather talent has typically done... they didn't like Mary on weekdays... remember Kristine and Chris were soooo much better than her and Roz. So then Don will come in and likely replace Jim at this rate, but will Dana Tyler still be in that seat? And who really thinks Steve will give weekend mornings a boost? Was I supposed to have known he joined the station? And looks like everyone on this board who said the week after he was fired he would go to WCBS was right... if they approached him the day after he got fired. You know... that station is still such a disgrace. Approach him the day after he is fired... good job. Your anchor staff is too big... your payroll is too big... and yes you might be showing results now... but I would like to see you keep those results. Once WNBC gets its stuff together... they'll be back. But by then Dana, Jim, Maurice, and Kate will all be gone... and you'll have Lonnie and Chris and Kristine doing your lead program like you do now. It's pathetic.

CBS 2 should work on a longterm solution to their problem rather than all of these temp fixes.

I hope Chris gets eaten up by the network... he's on the Early Show/Sat Early Show enough... maybe Lonnie will too. Kristine can just get fired in another 2 years like everyone else. You get three years to make your mark at that station.. unless your name is Dana Tyler. Maurice is way past due with Jim right behind him. Oh look, they already have replacements for them. Chris expired too but he has a new job so he gets an extension. Kate and Kristine still haven't gotten to that point.

That station is disgusting.

Oh wait, this topic was about Steve. I'm sorry, I got carried away. Well I don't know what Steve can bring to the station other than his story about his cancer battle. I never watched him on Ch. 7, and if he's only on Saturday and Sunday mornings, I won't be watching him here either. He might be a good man, but his behavior at Ch. 7 was despicable and he does not deserve another job... especially being offered it hours after getting fired. He'll be gone from CBS 2 just like Roz and whoever else WCBS has taken from WABC.

I agree with Qwerty, BTW good to see you back here again!

Bartelstein's days are definitely limited.

Don't expect to see me back as a regular... I only come back when something big happens.

Everyone at WCBS has a limited number of days. And it's sad Dana is now on that list.

I agree with Qwerty, BTW good to see you back here again!

Bartelstein's days are definitely limited.

Don't expect to see me back as a regular... I only come back when something big happens.

Everyone at WCBS has a limited number of days. And it's sad Dana is now on that list.

Both Dana & Jim unfortunately

Archived