Steve Bartelstein

j.wer

God bless him. Maybe he should look into some alternative medicine, since the mainstream stuff does not seem to be doing the trick.

(I just removed a fashion attack I did on him under the assumption that he was further down the Road to Recovery. Corssing my fingers for a day when he is 100% better and I can guiltlessly post it again!)

God bless him. Maybe he should look into some alternative medicine, since the mainstream stuff does not seem to be doing the trick.

Well yeah injecting the body to what amounts to rat poisoning (aka Chemotherapy) usually doesn't make one feel any better in cancer.

Well yeah injecting the body to what amounts to rat poisoning (aka Chemotherapy) usually doesn't make one feel any better in cancer.

I am sure some day people will look back at chemo the way we now look back at leeching people.

I was suprised after seeing this posted here that when I got the hard copy of the Daily News that it was actually in the front of the paper and not in the TV section. I feel bad for him and hope he is OK. I may be ignorant, but how does a cancer go from the nether reigions to the haed?

I was watching the special mms feed of the newscast, and I just think that it was kinda sad and touching to hear what Steve had to say. It just makes you think about how cancer can destroy the human body and how so many people have to go through it emotionally. If ya' know what I mean.

I was suprised after seeing this posted here that when I got the hard copy of the Daily News that it was actually in the front of the paper and not in the TV section. I feel bad for him and hope he is OK. I may be ignorant, but how does a cancer go from the nether reigions to the haed?

Yes cancer does travel from the nether regions to the head. Cancer travels in the blood system. Most cancers travel up - I know with lung cancer it always travels to the head.

And I saw him on the 11 PM news too - my heart was breaking for him

Well, chemotherapy isn't supposed to make you feel better.

It's supposed to stop the mitoses of fast-dividing cells-- free radicals and, unfortunately, those that are responsible for hair growth.

We have a radiologist on the board who could probably explain it better, but that's the way I've understood.

And yeah, killing cells probably isn't gonna make you feel too peppy. I don't wanna make this thread about cancer therapy but something about the way you phrased that provoked me a little.

I couldn't get to the Daily News website, but apparently the cancer has spread to his lymph nodes and his brain, so now he has Brain Cancer. I'm at a loss of words. This is tragic news and its really devastating to hear that, and to think that just a little less a year ago he was just fine. The chemotherapy seems to have really taken a toll on him... You know, its funny how life can be a real piece of work sometimes. Although it seems that he's taken a turn for the worst, miracles can and do happen, and I hope one happens for Steve. We can all only keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. For those who have seen the article, has WABC commented about the news?

Archived