CBS O&O Layoffs

mbhcity

There has been reports circulating all around that many, if not all, CBS O&O's such as KCBS, WBBM, KCBS, WBZ, et al have layed off their staff. more to come.

Did anyone realize that KCBS was mentioned twice? LOL!!! I was just surprised that no one did...

Will KCBS drop Laura Diaz?

At KCBS the reporters that were let go were: Jennifer Sabih, Jennifer Davis, Jaime Garza, & Greg Phillips. Their bios were pulled from cbs2.com

This morning, on KTLA, Sam Rubin said that Ann Martin & Harold Greene are being let go. During the 4pm (KCAL) newscast Glen Walker & Syliva Lopez anchored and there was no mention of them filling in for Harold & Ann. It will be interesting to see if CBS2 @ 6pm mentions them. Ann & Harold's bios are still online.

Did anyone realize that KCBS was mentioned twice? LOL!!! I was just surprised that no one did...

Maybe he ment WCBS on the third one or something. Any reporters there being laid off also?

And I bet it gets even worse for CBS 2 Chicago, who has been in the ratings hellhole for quite sometime.

Maybe he ment WCBS on the third one or something. Any reporters there being laid off also?

And I bet it gets even worse for CBS 2 Chicago, who has been in the ratings hellhole for quite sometime.

Just read the Chicago forum.

Rumors were floating around that more staff/talent layoffs were going to happen today at WBBM. As far as I know, it didn't happen.

Say it ain' so, Harry Green and Ann Martin are retiring after more than 30 years in Southern California tv. Well I expected it was going to happen sometime soon, considering the rumors.

The KCALers on the other hand, with all the layoffs and resignations they recently had, I thought would be touched. To me, Pat Harvey and Sylvia Lopez are like the Midas hands there, especially Pat whose been at KCAL since the beginning and could probably succeed Stan Chambers and Hal Fishman as the longest lasting anchor in Los Angeles television, should Paul Moyer step down.

Say it ain' so, Harry Green and Ann Martin are retiring after more than 30 years in Southern California tv. Well I expected it was going to happen sometime soon, considering the rumors.

The KCALers on the other hand, with all the layoffs and resignations they recently had, I thought would be touched. To me, Pat Harvey and Sylvia Lopez are like the Midas hands there, especially Pat whose been at KCAL since the beginning and could probably succeed Stan Chambers and Hal Fishman as the longest lasting anchor in Los Angeles television, should Paul Moyer step down.

Well, we have to tune in at 6pm. As for Paul Moyer stepping down as main anchor of KNBC that will happen when pigs fly and not now since KNBC climbed to 2nd place at 11pm. Paul will die in the anchor desk.

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2008/04/kcbs_cutbacks_include_ann.php

KCBS cutbacks include Ann Martin, Harold Greene

Kevin Roderick • Bio • Email

The Daily News and Variety report that Channel 2 anchors Ann Martin and Harold Greene are among the staffers who will leave the KCBS-KCAL stations as part of a big cutback that came down yesterday. The pair will officially retire when their contracts expire June 1, the reports say.

Update: Paul Magers is anchoring solo @ 6pm. No mention of Ann & Harold.

It seems that Ann was pissed when she found out, which is totally understandable.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i8fbe0ebdf552a9faad8b17d9a804ad56

Sources said Martin on Monday walked off the 4 p.m. telecast after hearing about the cuts. She and Greene, whose contracts were coming up for renewal, co-anchor on KCAL's 4 p.m. newscast and KCBS' 6 p.m. news. The two have worked together for years, including at KABC; their salaries are said to be in the millions of dollars

WBZ/Boston is laying off 10% of its staff. (http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2008/04/01/wbz_tv_begins_laying_off_10_reduction_expected/).

Sports Director Bob Lobel, Arts and Entertainment Editor Joyce Kulhawik, and news anchor/reporter Scott Wahle all will be leaving the station once their contract buyouts are negotiated. (http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/04/02/big_names_to_sign_off_in_wbz_cuts/).

It seems that Ann was pissed when she found out, which is totally understandable.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i8fbe0ebdf552a9faad8b17d9a804ad56

Sources said Martin on Monday walked off the 4 p.m. telecast after hearing about the cuts. She and Greene, whose contracts were coming up for renewal, co-anchor on KCAL's 4 p.m. newscast and KCBS' 6 p.m. news. The two have worked together for years, including at KABC; their salaries are said to be in the millions of dollars

I think it before the newscast, didn't see her on the show.

Archived