No new open, but new graphics for KABC

mbhcity

I like them, they aren't really much different form the old ones. I've already updated my own in Photoshop last night. I just took the old ones and changed them around to a degree where I'm satisfied that they look like the new ones. BTW: The backplate was my own rendition I made a few weeks ago of it from little tidbits I could find on abc7.com. Makes a great desktop wallpaper. :-)

graphicstemplatev2nw0.jpg

Yeah, very nice in fact that they have it actually animated. Something that their sister, WABC needs to work on doing themselves. I like how clean and crisp they look and the little animation adds a bit of "flare" to it. I like it.

• 4 weeks later...
KABC certainly isn't flashy, but I do like the fact that they're consistent, clean, and to the point. I just can't say I'm a fan of KCBS/KCAL and KTLA graphics.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I still can't believe the new opens are not out yet! :-/

I've always been a fan of KABC and everything they do. The graphics were a nice change. No need to change the openings. They're fine the way they are. By the way, since the anchor changes were made, does anyone have the new anchor opens?

I've always been a fan of KABC and everything they do. The graphics were a nice change. No need to change the openings. They're fine the way they are. By the way, since the anchor changes were made, does anyone have the new anchor opens?

All talent opens were pulled since the anchor switch. We're still waiting for the updated ones...

The talent opens for shows not affected by the anchor switch are still shown and still the same. It must mean KABC is sticking with talent opens; they are just slow in putting together new ones. It probably has to do with the fact that a considerable amount of work goes into their production: new pictures/video must be taken, voiceover done, and graphics animated.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to see the new talent opens for KABC, but since Chuck Riley passed away, I have a feeling that it'll be a while before we see new ones. Maybe if Bill Ratner is used as the VO guy, we'll see the new opens a little sooner.

They still use Riley for their opens. Dang, please let the dead man rest. Why not use Bill Ratner? I mean, it wouldn't be a major issue to continue to use the same graphic openings, but add the new ABC7 logo into them. But why not use Bill Ratner on all the opens. He's been the secondary VO for KABC for god knows when.

EDIT: Did they continue to use Ernie after he passed on before they started using Chuck?

I watched for the first time the 4:30 a.m. show the other day and the opens were still using Chuck's voice...

If they update the current opens to match with the current graphics, the easiest thing they could is is change the logo and use the new backplate too.

Here is my rendition of what it might look like:

ewnhdgq5.jpg

I watched for the first time the 4:30 a.m. show the other day and the opens were still using Chuck's voice...

If they update the current opens to match with the current graphics, the easiest thing they could is is change the logo and use the new backplate too.

Here is my rendition of what it might look like:

ewnhdgq5.jpg

Not bad...

Archived