WTHR (NBC) - Indianapolis

KOMO (ABC) - Seattle

WRAL (CBS) - Raleigh/Durham

Any others?

Cox Stations in HD:

WSB (ABC) - Atlanta

WFTV (ABC)/WRDQ (Ind.) - Orlando

KTVU (Fox) - San Francisco/Oakland

Charlotte's WSOC will be doing HD news soon.

http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/station/10085485/detail.html?qs=;s=9;p=/station/;dm=ss;w=400

Misc.

KLAS (CBS) - Las Vegas

WTHR (NBC) - Indianapolis

KOMO (ABC) - Seattle

WRAL (CBS) - Raleigh/Durham

WXYZ (ABC) - Detroit

Well thats good, but I would like to see someone create a master list of all HD stations. Something like:

O&O's

ABC

KABC (LA - debut date)

CBS

NBC

WNBC (NY - debut date)

FOX

CW

MNTV

------------------------------

Affilliates

ABC

WSB (Atlanta - Cox - debut date)

CBS

KLAS (Las Vegas - MISC - debut date)

NBC

KPNX (Pheonix - Gannett - debut date)

KSDK (St. Louis - Gannett - debut date)

WKYC (Cleveland - Gannett - debut date)

KUSA (Denver - Gannett - debut date)

FOX

CW

MNTV

etc.

You get what I mean. A clean and easy to read master list of all HD stations. List them in order of when they debuted. Everytime a new station joins, this list can be updated. When there are many staions in HD we can seperate them by market too.

This is not a thread where you put who will be HD. This is a thread of who is HD. I am not sure where to get all the stations that are in HD. I am sure someone here knows how.

KHOU will most likely go HD this year. Their new Giant Octopus graphics were made to work in either standard or HD environment and KHOU is also airing lots of CBS programming in HD already.

I noticed last week that KHOU also airs Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune in HD. Plus there has been some rumblings on the messageboards saying the same thing. So I think they have their news operation in HD before KTRK.

Lots of stations are doing network HD and HD for Jeopardy and Wheel. My local CBS station, WDBJ-7, passes CBS-HD, Jeopardy/Wheel, and at one time was showing the Paramount HD movie package, but has no intention of starting HD news.

Now there are other reasons to point to the KHOU going HD, but I wouldn't use that as an example.

- Trip

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the HD situation in Alaska:

In Anchorage, KTUU, KTVA, and KAKM are already broadcasting in HD; KTBY, KYES, and ABC Alaska's Superstation -- KIMO, KATN, KJUD -- are yet to come (despite Wheel and Jeopardy now in HD), though the latter already has The CW on their digital subchannels.

But here in Fairbanks, KUAC/Alaska One (PBS) is the only one right now in HD. KTVF does have a digital channel, but they put their HD plans on hold until whoever buys them next from Clear Channel. As for the Tanana Valley Television stations (KFXF (Fox)/KXD (CBS))? The only way for them to go HD is to move out of their tiny Braddock Street studio and into a much more bigger facility.

As for local news in HD...KTUU is pushing to be the first with that, but as mentioned, it'll be about 2008 or early 2009 for that to happen.

Jonathan Allen

As for local news in HD...KTUU is pushing to be the first with that, but as mentioned, it'll be about 2008 or early 2009 for that to happen.

Jonathan Allen

i wouldnt put my money on those dates, our control room rebuild got pushed back from next month to this summer, thats when we will get our HD studio cameras and video server. But John Tracy has said that he doesnt want to flip the switch until everything is in HD, so even though we will be ready for studio stuff by fall, it probably wont be until mid-late 09 before its all ready to go. we still have to upgrade the microwave van, the sat truck, (actually im not sure on that one, our sat truck was new in 99, do you think it could broadcast an HD signal?) anyways, the editing equipment and the field cameras also need to be converted. since we are still a small market station, these things take time. we JUST switched graphics in the last couple of months, so im assuming its going to be a while until Channel 2 News HD

KTUU doesn't have to wait till 2009 for their news to be 100% HD; they can still shoot their pieces in standard-definition while leaving all the HD stuff to the studio.

And now that Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! are in HD...will "Entertainment Tonight"/"The Insider" or "Access Hollywood" be next? Imagine how Mary Hart or Nancy O'Dell would look!

Jonathan Allen, who would shudder at the thought of Pat O'Brien or Billy Bush in HD

KTUU doesn't have to wait till 2009 for their news to be 100% HD; they can still shoot their pieces in standard-definition while leaving all the HD stuff to the studio.

you know that and i know that, and everyone else in production knows that, but what john tracy says is law, like it or not.

• 2 months later...
Guest zas1977

According to B&C, the current list, in no apparent order, of local stations with news in HD:

Station Market Affiliation Owner

KABC Los Angeles ABC ABC

KARE Minneapolis NBC Gannett

KING Seattle NBC Belo

KLAS Las Vegas CBS Landmark

KOMO Seattle ABC Fisher

KPNX Phoenix NBC Gannett

KSDK St. Louis NBC Gannett

KTVD Denver MNT Gannett

KTVU San Francisco Fox Cox

KUSA Denver NBC Gannett

WFTV Orlando ABC Cox

WJW Cleveland Fox Fox

WKYC Cleveland NBC Gannett

WNBC New York NBC NBC

WPVI Philadelphia ABC ABC

WRAL Raleigh-Durham, N.C. CBS Capitol

WRAZ Raleigh-Durham Fox Capitol

WSB Atlanta ABC Cox

WTHR Indianapolis NBC Dispatch

WTXF Philadelphia Fox Fox

WUSA Washington CBS Gannett

WXIA Atlanta NBC Gannett

WXYZ Detroit ABC Scripps

KAZR Reno Azteca America Pappas

KRNV Reno NBC Sunbelt

KREN Reno CW Pappas

WABC New York ABC ABC

WLS Chicago ABC ABC

WFAA Dallas ABC Belo

KTLA Los Angeles CW Tribune

WFTV Nashville CBS Landmark

KGO San Francisco ABC ABC

WEWS Cleveland ABC Scripps

WRDQ Orlando, Fla. Independent Cox

KFMB San Diego CBS Midwest TV

KHOU Houston CBS Belo

source: http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6425583.html

Yea i was just thinking that. Here in the Chicago market i bet WGN or WFLD will go to HD next. WMAQ doesnt have the studios that look HD ready altho over the summer the newsroom was re-wired. Maybe HD? WBBM's new studio on State street wont be ready until late 2008-2009. WGN and WFLD's sets are recently new.. probally made with HD in mind so they have to be next.

Archived