New CBS 2?

NBC 5 Chicago

Has anyone seen this like 5sec promo? It is a look up at L Tracks with CBS 2 logos flying around. The Voice over says "The new CBS 2 coming soon"

I thought it was interesting. Are they meaning the new studios? They are hanging up the lights today.

Anyone else notice the new crawl during the first part of the newscast. It kinda of sums of the news for the current day and whats coming up for the next day. They have it as "Eye on (day)" Its interesting. Dont think it will last long. Crawls annoy me. I think it takes away from the newscast.

They need to focus on content and not sets, music, graphics,etc... That type of mind set hasn't worked for them in the past and it's pointless to think that it ever will.

They need to focus on content and not sets, music, graphics,etc... That type of mind set hasn't worked for them in the past and it's pointless to think that it ever will.

I second everything you've stated. The street-side studio at Block 37, the graphics and possibly new music are nothing but cosmetic changes. They've went with various news music packages since dropping the Enforcer twice, and the constant graphics and set changes, god knows how many times. And that goes for other stations in this country that uses this same tactic, figuring that a change in set, graphics and music would bring them higher ratings. Everybody knows it doesn't work. Those constant changes drives people to just simply change the channel. And until they change the content formula of their newscast, they'll NEVER get that #1 glory they use to have many years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

They mean a new studio, and this studio will be in high definition. That means new graphics and maybe new music. The logo will probably be changed to reflect the change to high definition, as well.

Archived